12. | 𝙛𝙪𝙘𝙠 𝙮𝙤𝙪, 𝙮/𝙣.

the following day, akinori woke up, arms still securely wrapped around your waist. your head remained on his chest, arms hugging his torso. the boy took the opportunity to admire your features, taking note of the tiny details on your face.

he gently cupped your cheek- as though he was afraid of breaking you. his thumb delicately brushed the side of your face, taking in how the sun gracefully accentuated your lips.

'fuck,'

he moved his thumb to your lips, brushing them ever so lightly.

it was as if his mind went blank- like a switch inside him had been flipped, he no longer had control over himself.

he leaned towards you, placing a tender kiss on your cheek. he placed another one on your forehead, and on your nose, gradually showering your face with kisses. his lips found their way back to your cheek, his touch lingering for a moment, savoring the moment while it lasted.

the contact caused you to stir, making the boy cease his lips from you, moving his hand to your back.

"akinori," you muttered, drowsiness evident in your voice, "good morning,"

you buried your face in his chest, the boy blushing furiously at your actions. despite this being something you frequently did, today felt strange.

he hid his face in your hair in an attempt to hide his tomato-like flush,

"a-ah, 'morning, y-y/n." he mumbled, softly patting the back of your head, "are you hungry? you slept earlier than usual yesterday,"

you nodded,

"kinda,"

"want me to make you something? since you have to pack for tomorrow and all,"

"sure," you replied, "can we stop by the convenience store later? i have some things i need to pick up,"

"of course," he pinched your cheek,

you sat up, sluggishly rubbing the sleep out of your eyes. yawning, you stood up, making your way to your bathroom.

whilst you brushed your teeth and did your usual morning routine, konoha, on the other hand, stayed put on the bed, red-faced and unable to move.

'i just did that, i just fucking did that.' guilt quickly washed over his being, 'i did all of that without her consent.'

once you finished your business in the bathroom, you walked back to your room, taking sight of akinori's flushed face.

"uh, akinori?" your voice caught his attention,

"hmm?"

you approached him, concern painting your face,

"are you sick? your face is all red," you placed the back of your palm on his forehead, "if you're not feeling well i can just go to the convenience store by myself."

"n-no! it's alright, i'm not sick!" he exclaimed, frantically shaking his head,

you retreated your hand, eyeing him in suspicion, "are you sure?"