Chapter 34: To the trap

Adrian contemplated his sleeping Tesa against his chest, her red lips, her freckles, and her black hair spread over her thin back that was lost under the blanket that covered them. He caressed her, the soft rays of daylight allowing him to observe her like a beautiful nymph who had come into his life to catch him forever. 

He felt desire before but never like this. If he started liking someone, he knew how to avoid them and forget them with things he considered more important. But the black-haired girl got into his head, and he could no longer get her out of it.

Although, in this case, he had appeared in her life just like that. For a moment, he began to think about that idea he never believed: 'things happened for a reason.' Like there was a reason.

No. Things like the unjust death of his sister were one of those that made him dismiss all theory but being now in another time, with people he had never met... He believed that if God was there, it was an energy that moved the planets and moved the molecules. It could manifest itself at the macro level as well as at the micro level, but it didn't set up events.

That girl's existence might be small for the universe, but it was enormous for him. Then he would go back to the beginning, to all the things that led to the death of his sister and New Future.

He didn't understand the universe and wished he did because he wanted to know what to do so that no one else would pay for him. Maybe he was there to give himself up to what they had to do to him, or perhaps it was to stay by Teresa's side, take care of her, and hopefully continue like this.

Then, as he slid his finger over her pretty, sweet lips, he thought that maybe the purpose was not dictated by the universe or God. Perhaps fate was dictated by yourself. He had to fight for it, even if things happened because they happened, also being consequences of previous acts.

His actions and decisions led him to Teresa, and there would have been no problem with that if it were not because he was the cause of her bad moments. They locked her up. They destroyed her drone. They had to move out of her home and even eat animals, which she didn't like. Even that detail made him feel guilty.

What would he do if something else happened to her because of him? Of course, he should have thought about it before he got that far, if only he had thought ahead, if only he had analyzed the situation well if he had known what it was like...

He frowned, that damn words again: 'If only...!'

He was saddened, gave new caresses to her black-haired girl, looked for the time, and saw the clock in the kitchen. It was around ten in the morning. The girl blinked a couple of times and smiled, snuggling closer to him and caressing his skin.

His ego was exalted childishly, knowing that she had enjoyed her night with him, having made her say his name between moans, having seen her smile of satisfaction, her lips ajar, panting, full of joy.

"Good morning," Teresa murmured sleepily.

She slid to get on top of him as he responded to her greeting and kissed her lips gently. Teresa observed him with a slight innocent smile, caressed his eyebrows, slid her index finger over his nose, and went down to his lips, caressing them too. 

The girl contemplated every detail in that male mouth that had made her fly in different ways, which provoked her to lick it and bite it. She gave him a short, quick kiss on his lower lip and could see his mischievous smile with the dimples marking on his cheeks.

"Are you examining me?"

Teresa nodded quickly, like an excited child. She had wanted to do it since she saw him.

"What time did Olga say she was coming?" she asked, turning to see the clock.

"At noon," he murmured, leaning on his elbows as she sat down.