Chapter 14: Rock, paper, kisses

Teresa blinked slowly, closed her eyes again, and felt imprisoned and warm. It wasn't long before she realized it was him against her back. Adrian had her surrounded. She smiled, and her heart kicked off the day with a pounding heartbeat.

She wanted to turn and breathe his scent, to touch his skin. She must already be crazy. However, she noticed a strange lump against her lower back. The girl moved, and he seemed to wake up. Feeling curious, Teresa wanted to know what was getting in the way.

"What is this?" she murmured sleepily, reaching back to touch it.

Her hand got between them, grabbed it, and without warning, Adrian winced, stifling a short scream, and getting away.

"Hey!" he claimed, blushing.

"What the hell is in there? What...?!" She remembered the texts and let out the loudest cry of her life.

"It's not what you think!"

"YOU ARE HORNY!" Teresa screeched.

"It's not my fault, you crazy screaming girl! That usually happens! It's normal!"

"For you, of course! Underdeveloped human! Besides, I don't believe you; it doesn't have a mind of its own!"

He smirked.

"Sometimes it does," he purred.

The girl screamed.

Her mom came in, scared, only to find Teresa screaming and running in circles. Then, she swooped into the bathroom to wash her hands as she continued to cry.

"WHAT A HORROR, MOM!"

They ate breakfast in silence, without even looking at each other. Teresa couldn't remove the blush from her face, and neither could he, and if by chance their eyes crossed, it seemed to increase the blush for a few seconds. Clara noted the high tension between them. The woman didn't understand well what had happened. It had only been strange to discover that they had slept together.

Her mind didn't have malice since she didn't really know much. She decided it was better to give them a chance to speak, so she withdrew.

Teresa fiddled with the spoon. Adrian looked askance at her, saw his plate again, closed his eyes, and sighed.

"I want to make it clear that this often happens at night. I mean, sometimes. I don't know, and it's not because I wanted to do something to you."

Teresa grimaced and flinched from an electrical current that passed through her body. She took a deep breath and silently nodded as she continued playing with breakfast.

That was what Kariba talked about, the thing that 'made women happy.' Really? Teresa didn't remember it being big. The illustrations didn't show that!

On the other hand, how could he not have wanted to do anything to her? So, Kariba was right in saying that he didn't even see Teresa as a woman?

Now she was having conflicting thoughts! She shook her head and stood up.

"See you later," the girl said goodbye. "I have to go to Eden."

Adrian saw the girl put her belt on her hips. That tight-fitting suit fit her well, letting him appreciate her shapes. The young man didn't take his eyes off Teresa even to bite a loaf of bread until the girl disappeared behind the door. 

Maybe after what they had been through, things would no longer be the same. But who ordered her to put her hand where she should not? Adrian meditated a few seconds while eating what simulated being oatmeal and thought of the previous day, especially the night.