Chapter 7: Lost

They came home with enthusiasm since Teresa had won recognition for her participation. The contests were no longer very competitive. History told people demanded much effort from athletes. Since then, many sports disappeared, and new ones emerged. According to the new leaders, the new sports were more 'feminine,' but despite everything, Teresa had shone.

She took off her shoe and examined her ankle.

"Does it still hurt?" Adrian asked, kneeling and taking it, surprising her completely.

"Uh, it's quite better," Teresa replied with mild nervousness.

Kariba also felt something strange to see him worry about the black-haired girl.

"I can bandage it if you like. I know how."

"Don't worry..."

"What happened?" said her mother, returning from her office.

"Nothing," her daughter replied. "I have my recognition!" she added excitedly to distract her.

Adrian sat on the couch while Clara was also excited about the news.

"I'll order a light dinner to celebrate." The woman headed for the kitchen.

"I'm leaving," Kariba intervened. "I said I would come out just a little while, and I'm still here. Well, see you..." She left in a hurry. 

Adrian and Teresa looked at each other and smiled fleetingly.

"We should rinse the water. You said it was contaminated," Adrian said.

"I'm clean now. I took a dry bath in Kariba's floater."

"Ou," he said, confused. "Well... then I'll go..." He went upstairs. 

Teresa was again doubtful since she had not seen his bare chest, the curiosity to know what it was like. She entered her arrival time into the DOPy system home. Foolishly for a while, without knowing what to do, she went to eat the last bar of the pantry and spent a few more minutes hesitating until her mother warned her that the food was ready.

"I'll let him know," she said hurriedly, pushing DOPy to the side, having the perfect excuse to go and see him.

The girl ran upstairs and entered her room, but the bathroom door closed well. Unlike before, she sighed resignedly. She should have guessed, so silly. Then, the girl entered her closet since it had access to the bathroom but was also closed on that side.

Then, Teresa approached the glass door side, which turned gray when someone was inside, preventing seeing well, except for unrecognizable and blurred silhouettes. That precisely was what she saw, so she gave up her attempt. Was it normal to be wanting to spy on him? She wondered.

Teresa stepped aside, and the portable hairdryer fell, knocking down some more clothes. She got frozen.

"Tesa?" Adrian asked from the shower.

"Uh... Yes. I just wanted to let you know that dinner is ready."

"Great, thanks." He smiled. "Did you change your mind and want to take a shower with me, freckles?" suddenly questioned in a tempting tone, getting closer to a deep throaty purr.

Teresa blushed suddenly; his voice was beginning to sound so sensual to her.

"How dare you?" the girl complained. "You are naked there."

"Well, yeah, that's how people take a shower... Don't you?"

"You're crazy, you know?" she said, laughing.

While the idea didn't seem wrong to her mind, she was curious to see him. Being seen was the problem. Besides, was it usual to bathe with a man? It could be typical among girlfriends. Kariba undressed a couple of times carelessly when she slept in her house. However, Teresa had never done so out of shame.