The Slump Part 1

"For the last, the best cop movies, in order: Training Day, Lethal Weapon and Fargo" Amy said, from her spot on top of her desk. "End of discussion."

"Wrong. Die-Hard is the best cop movie of all time" Jake announced to the surrounding group of detectives. "One cop, heroically saving the day while everyone else stands around and watches."

"It's the story of our lives" you said, gesturing to you and Jake.

"I like Turner and Hooch. Tom Hanks, reluctant friendship with a a dog. That hit's me where I live" Charles said.

"No. Robocop" Rosa said loudly. "It's got everything I like, gratuitous violence."

"Oh, I thought you were listing things" you said.

"I was. I'm done" Rosa said, folding her arms.

"Okay" Jake said.

"Let's talk Bad Boys. That's the perfect cop movie. Mr Smith, looking fine. A hot cup of Tea Leoni. Come on" Gina said, walking up to the group of detectives.

"Francois Truffaut's Breathless" Terry said loudly from his desk, causing the detectives to turn and look at him. "What? Terry likes foreign films."

"Okay, there is a correct answer to this question, though" Jake said, turning to his computer and getting up a video from a few years ago. "So gather around for the greatest cop film of all time. Please refrain from texting during a presentation."

The video shows Hitchcock going up to a woman and saying "Excuse me, ma'am" and him being kicked. The hooker runs off, but runs back to take Hitchcock's wallet and kick him again.

Everyone laughed at the video apart from Hitchcock who said "Come on guys, that happened four years ago!"

"Hey, love the sweater" Jake said to Charles. "Who you slayin' tonight, lady killer?"

"Well, we shall see what we shall see" Charles said.

"No, you're dressed exactly like the lady killer" you pointed out to Charles, pointing to a picture on the board.

"Damn it! This is Jeffrey Dahmer's corduroys all over again" Charles complained.

"All right, let's get started. Scully? Where are you on digitizing the old case files?" Terry said.

"As of yesterday, I'm officially 1% done" Scully announced to the briefing room.

"Why are you smiling? That's nothing" you told Scully.

"There are thousands of cases, and for each one I have to fill out 200 little box thingies on 50 different screens" Scully explained.

"At least you get to sit on your butt all day" Rosa said.

"That's actually the worst part. My doctor said I have an anal canyon" Scully said.