52. Attackers and Swoon-Worthy Moments!

Aiden's P.O.V

We led our way swiftly down the hall as we stopped in front of a large door. Theo nodded towards me as I carefully took out my tool and plucked open the cover. 

Theo placed his little device inside, connecting the wires as the three of us stepped back. Within seconds, Noah cracked the code as Arianna punched it in. The door whirred open, making absolutely no sound as Arianna and I crept in while Theo stood outside. 

"It has to be a secure safe. The interiors are like an office so most probably it is in the form of a fake opening in that bookshelf or on the walls. It cannot be very complicated." Arianna whispered to me as we both spread out for searching.

Arianna started tapping the books on the bookshelf as I searched for a hollow space in the walls. We scanned the whole room but nothing was found.

"Where the fuck is the safe?" Arianna hissed as I looked around. Everything looked so normal, the big glass table in center, the chairs arranged with the obvious bookshelf and the fireplace.

"Wait a second..." I spoke out as I squinted my eyes at what I saw.

"What is it?" Arianna asked, approaching me. 

"This is like an office. So why is there only one painting and that also in the corner? Nobody can see it there and it also seems to be a bit away from the wall, like something is behind it." I whispered as I pointed towards the mid sized painting.

"This is not a spy movie Aiden, they won't hide the safe behind the painting like idiots." Arianna sighed at me as I just ignored her, carefully picking the painting and placing it away.

"And Voila!" I quietly exclaimed at the shining silver safe revealed from behind as Arianna face palmed herself.

"Guess they are idiots. Now somebody might even pop out to boo us!" Arianna mocked as she settled down to crack the safe open.

I checked the time left for the blackout to get repaired again.

14 minutes left. Guess we can make it quick enough.

"God finally it opened!" Arianna sighed as I bent down beside her. She flashed the flashlight inside as she pulled out a small black velvet box. 

We both looked at each other as she slowly pulled open the lid, revealing a small pen drive. Arianna pulled out her phone as she inserted it once. The screen popped on as all the files came on at once.

"This is the one." Arianna breathed out, her grin along with her gleaming, bright blue eyes visible through her phone's light.

"We still have around 10 minutes left." I said as we both stood up.

Arianna bent down to strap the box against her thigh to hide it as a gust of chilling wind hit my face causing me to look towards the open window.

"Arianna, was the window open when we came?" I whispered as she froze completely. She stood up straight at once.

Within a blink of an eye, we heard the rustling of papers as a shadow moved towards us. 

Instinctively, Arianna moved aside, causing the attacker to miss his shot by an inch. He stood up again, the blade in his hand visible clearly now.

"You got to be fucking kidding me. This definitely is a spy movie!" Arianna sighed wearily.

"Hand me the drive right now." The muffled voice spoke out as Arianna looked at me once, quietly asking me to back off.

"I rather think not." Arianna sneered at him.

Suddenly he lunged towards us as both of us jumped away at once. Arianna kicked his hand as he yelped out, the blade falling from his hands as I picked it up quickly.