𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 17

"Bokuto, clear your head!" shouted Coach Yamiji from the bench.

Bokuto's relentless spiking made him easier to get blocked. If he kept on going, coach Yamiji suspected it might come sooner or later since he was getting agitated.

"Should we call for a time-out?"

You suggested, seeing Akaashi won't be able to soothe Bokuto at the moment. He seemed to be losing his focus, presumably getting overwhelmed with Inarizaki's tactics.

Bokuto moved to his next position. When the referee blew the whistle, he launched a powerful jump serve that bashed the back of Konoha's head.

The wing spiker dropped to all fours. You clasped your mouth and Coach Yamiji gestured for a time out.

"Waaahhh Konoha, I'm so sorry!"

He ran over to Konoha and helped him get back up.

Atsumu chuckled to his brother on the other side of the net, "So this is the Super Ace from the Country of Owls?

"Getting a big head now? We haven't even won the first set." Osamu walked away to the bench.

"Come on! Agree with me for once!"

You prepared a first aid kit and a towel for Konoha.

"Are you feeling dizzy? How many fingers do you see?"

You showed him two of your fingers yet he put them down straight away before giving it a proper look.

"Two. I'll be okay... if BOKUTO WOULD JUST CALM THE F-"

You shoved a towel to his face to stop him from finishing the sentence.

"He's fine."

"What is it that's bothering you, Bokuto-san?" Akaashi asked calmly.

"Grr... their middle blocker is messing with me. They keep making me do a straight shot and one of the twins will already be waiting at the back."

"But your straight shots are a killer."

"I don't want to use it all the time, Akaashi. It's getting boring," he pouted.

"Don't worry Bokuto, keep doing what you're doing, just keep your trust on your setter," said coach, oddly approving Bokuto's current approach.

Bokuto heaved a deep breath and clapped Akaashi on the back, "All right, let's do this."

"Can you stand up?"

You offered a hand to Konoha who was still sitting at the bench.

"Worrying about me, huh? Your future husband will get mad," he winked at you.

"Gosh, sometimes I just wanna...," You punched the palm of your hand repeatedly, head full of murderous thoughts.

Both teams returned to their positions before the match resumed.

One thing that piqued your curiosity was Kita didn't play in the game even as the team captain. He surveyed from the corner along with the other substitutes, showing little to no emotion.

Nevertheless, he admired Fukurodani's strength for withstanding Inarizaki's attacks. The team was just like he had expected from the last time he saw them on last year's nationals.

"You seem to be getting easy on Bokuto, Coach."

He crossed his arms, eyes didn't leave the court, "It's just a practice match. Other than that, I see a crack in their defense."

"How so?"

"Have you noticed their players, [surname]?"

You scanned the most notable players of the opponents. Ojiro Aran, Suna Rintarou, and Miya Atsumu. They're skillful players and ultimately scary for high-school athletes.