𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 28

As you walked home together with Akaashi, he made you wait at a convenience store while he went in and browsed for snacks. Around 2 minutes later, he came back with a handful of ice cream and two refreshments for each of you.

He passed your favorite ice cream flavor and carbonated jelly drink to your hands.

"Thanks for helping Bokuto's mood today."

You tore the ice cream wrapper while resuming the walk.

"I think I did a good job there. Though at first I didn't know what I was talking about, I just couldn't help seeing him upset."

You curled your knuckles into a fist, "Miya Atsumu has the audacity to call our captain a baby. I'm going to dropkick him in the ass when I see him."

Akaashi stifled his laugh and stopped drinking before he could choke.

"God, I love my girlfriend so much."

You found yourself rattling on about the blonde setter and somehow forgot to eat the ice cream in your hand.

"How did he know about Bokuto's mood swings anyway? I specifically remember he was fine throughout the training camp and they couldn't have practiced together after that."

"[surname]."

"I mean, I agree. It's not like he's wrong, but the total disrespect. You know what I'm saying?"

"Babe, your ice cream is melting."

"A- what?"

Since you didn't hear him the first time, he thought a nickname would work wonders. And it did. You were caught off guard that only then you sensed the cold at your fingertips from the ice cream drips.

"I remember Atsumu mentioned Fukurodani's previous matches when he joined Bokuto's party in an online game. Since it's recorded, pretty sure they caught his dejected mode on camera because Bokuto was never substituted."

Akaashi explained while he was cleaning your fingers with a tissue. Though you listened closely, your mind still stuck on his alluring voice when he called you babe. Suffice to say it drove you crazy on the inside.

You pulled your hand from his grasp and focused your attention on something else.

"Did you... just call me babe?"

Akaashi playfully smiled behind you, "Caught your attention, didn't it? Since you keep talking about Miya Atsumu."

He strolled off on his own, purposely leaving you but not too far.

You caught up to him and laced his fingers in yours. You tiptoed carefully to set your chin on his shoulder before flashing a mischievous grin.

"Is you jealous?"

"You never talk about me to anyone," He pouted, rather bashful.

"If I had my mother around, I would have told her everything about you."

You pulled his hand, making him bent close enough for your lips to reach his.

His muscles weakened and his heart still skipped a beat after all this time. It's like he could never get used to the exhilarating sensation that consumed his body.

The frosty taste that lingered in your mouth urged him to deepen the kiss. Your lips were cold but terribly soft, and obviously irresistible that he didn't let go for another minute.

──────────

"I'm home."

Akaashi announced himself as he opened the door wider for you.