𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 9

Note:

I hope you're using light theme on wattpad Σ(゜゜)

***

Kenma was right. The cafe's website turned out to be so easy to find in the related searches.

Despite the use of mere nicknames on the profiles, anyone who's acquaintance with the maids would still recognize them from the pictures.

You wondered if your coworkers knew about this. Then again, they wouldn't have a reason to oppose this idea.

Unlike you, they wouldn't keep this job hidden from their peers because some of them were using their real names at work. None of the staff knew your real name besides Satsuki.

No matter how much you tried to think about this later, it just kept popping out in your head. It's like you were in constant fear that someone from school stumbled upon that website and the news will soon spread like wildfire.

You buttoned up the maid uniform while feeling light-headed. Satsuki was out today and will return in the afternoon. You didn't get to say anything before she already left in a hurry.

Somehow you weren't in the mood to be cheerful today. Smiling consumed more energy since you couldn't fake it. People will easily notice it from your eyes and voice.

"Gyun~"

Something clicked in your head after Honoka appeared from behind. You were surprised to see her wearing paw gloves and cat ears.

"There. Now don't look so depressing or I'll slap your face."

"Ah, sorry."

You touched the headpiece she put on you. It felt fluffy just like hers.

Honoka spun around and that's when you noticed there was a tail tied to her back. Subaru greeted you as she came in. She had the cat ears and tails, but she didn't have any gloves on.

"What's with the cat accessories?"

"Today is Maid Latte's Special Day and the theme is Cat Maids!" Honoka answered.

"Special Day?"

"Satsuki-san haven't told you, right. She plans to have an event every month and calls it Special Day," Subaru added.

She strode past you and attached something from behind, "It's a way to attract customers and maintain their interest."

"And we get to dress up for the part! I wonder what other themes we're going to have."

Honoka hopped and twirled, making the tiny bells in her cat ears and choker jingled from the motion.

You shook your head looking up but it didn't make any sounds.

"Don't bother. That one doesn't have any bells," Honoka said.

You glanced to your back and wiggled your waist. Subaru hooked a cat-tail just below the apron bow, the same color as your cat ears.

"This is going to be fun."

Honoka and Subaru shared the same enthusiasm and left the room while busy appraising each other.

You never understood Honoka's passion for this job, but if she's giving her one hundred percent then you should too. You tucked a hair behind your ear and smiled at the mirror in your locker.

When you're ready to start your shift, you walked out into the saloon, dusting your uniform on the way.

──────────