CHAPTER FIFTY EIGHT

DYLAN

I am pacing around the living room with the phone in my hand. Olivia should have been back by now. It's already six. She was supposed to be back by five. Is she coming back though? Did I mess up that bad? I did say some shit in the morning that I shouldn't have and I should never have reacted that way. But is she that mad? "Sir, " I hear Mrs Griffin's voice and lookup. She doesn't call him 'sir' unless someone comes by. My eyes immediately fall on the very familiar woman, who I wish had just left me alone.

"Sandra?" I frown at her smirking face. She is cooking something in her head "What are you doing here?" I ask. Mrs Griffin crosses the living room and walks towards the kitchen.

"I came to visit my old friend. Is that how you treat me? No greetings?" She asks, stepping around the centre table and coming close to me. She leaves her red shinny bag on the couch and nears me, her pointy heels clicking on the white tiles.

"I know you didn't come here for nothing, " I push my hands into the pockets of my trousers and say.

"Can't I just come to hang out?" She pretends to be shocked making me roll my eyes.

"Really Sandra, not in the mood."

"I can make it, "she says in a seductive tone and steps closer to me, invading my personal space.

I immediately take a step away from her. "I am a married man, now. What the fuck is wrong with you?"

"So what? I am a married woman too." She shrugs. I open my mouth but nothing comes out. I can only manage a face of disgust at her comment.

Shaking my head, I say in a calm voice, "Let's get this straight. I love my wife and I don't want anyone but her."

"What do you know about love? Now you have it, tomorrow you won't." She says, cocking her head.

"I know pretty well. A woman like you can never understand it. For you, marriage is nothing but a business deal." The words rush out of my mouth before I can stop them. It's not like I care about Sandra's feelings but this just made me realise the harsh truth of how my and Olivia's story started. I have a lot to make up for her if I look at it that way.

"At least I don't have to stay tied up like you, " she says with a victory smile as if that comment would magically make me cheat on my wife. I pity this woman.

"I can never really make you understand, can I?"

She steps closer to me. "Why are we fighting?" She places her hands on my chest and I jump away putting space between us.

"Don't touch me. Tell me what you came here for and leave, " I snap.

"I came here to meet Avery." She makes eye contact with me. I frown and tilt my head.

"Why would you want to meet her?"

"I can't tell you."

"Bold of you to assume I would let you meet my wife without knowing what you are going to talk about, " I say, crossing my arms against my chest.

She crosses her arms mimicking me and rolls her eyes. "My husband has some business for her, I am just helping him, "

"There is no way, I am allowing that disgusting man anywhere near my wife!"

She smirks a little and says, "Let's see, you have no say. You know Simon."

"I don't give a damn about your fucking husband."

"Cool down, why are we bringing them between us?" She steps closer and touches my arm.

"Stop—" I move away from her. "Why don't you understand when I say that I am not interested?"