ωнιтє - 셋 - тняєє

(WHITE)

(WHITE)

☆★☆★

.

ιт тσσк σиℓу мσмєитѕ тσ яєαℓιzє тнαт тнє ∂яαgσи вєfσяє нєя ιитєи∂є∂ тσ ∂ιє.

Chin-hae roared.

Dae dropped to her knees.

And as the orcs charged,

A small form  scooped three stunned baby dragons into her arms and ran.

Straight through the cloud of monsters.

Her teeth gritted, legs aching as she pushed the little power she had to the limit, small flames spitting from her heels - the leftovers of her brother's mighty power finally put to good use. Red eyes glaring single-mindedly at the exit.

She didn't know why she was saving the little serpents, Her instinct pushing her closer and closer to the towering exit of the cavern, the orcs too stunned to see her, their faces too surprised to react.

Yet.

Fifteen meters, ten meters, eight-

The hand grips her hair, dragging her to her knees. A rough blade at her throat.

She was so close to freedom, and she lost it.

The story of her life.

And, as she looked up into the orc's eyes, she bared her teeth. Gave him the rudest gesture she could think of, and heaved, her arms straining.

The three little dragons rolled out of the cavern and into the hallway, skittering away with terrified shrieks.

Then, Dae emptied her insides all over the stunned head orc's feet. The charge stopped.

He reared back, eyes wide, and peered down at her.

And he smiled.

Spoke with a voice that sounded like metal grinding against metal.

"You will taste much nicer than the little scaly things, human. Would you prefer being stewed or baked?"

"Baked, I think," Dae muttered. "And with a little salt."

Five seconds.

The orc nodded his head, pondering. "What is salt, little human?"

Four seconds, three.

The cohort of monsters muttered to each other, wondering of their conversation. "Things taste better salted and baked. With a little oil and maybe some kimchi and some rice."

Two seconds.

The orc watched her, confused. There had never been a human that has spoken to him in his own language before. He did not know what to make of it.

Dae whipped her head up. Connected with a pair of emerald eyes. Whispered;

one second.

And she rocked backwards, twisting her head so that the hair in the fist of the head orc is severed short, rolling aside. Her movements fueled only by terror, only by instinct at the knowledge of what was to come.

And Chin-hae roared once more.

The dragon swept her tail through the horde of orcs, towering over them, her white scales stained now with spatters of red. Her teeth raked through bone, cracking helmets and sending high orcs tumbling into the walls, her wings beating a path to the head orc.

As she lunged, he caught his sword in her teeth. Scraped a gash down her side and snarled, plying his bare hands under one of her large scales and pulling.

It came loose, clattering to the ground, and Chin-hae screamed, her fangs grazing the high orc's arm. The roars of both filled the cave as they fought.

Dae was forgotten, and she couldn't hep but feel suddenly a little dissapointed, peeking from outside the cavern.

She had wanted to do more than just help, for once.

A small growl came from the edge of the corridor.

"Go away,big ugly thing! I don't taste nice!"

Whipping around, Dae noticed an orc that had broken away from it's comrades that now lay broken on the cavern's floor. It was smaller than the others, with bowed legs and a hunched back, and was grabbing at one of the small, glittering white dragons.

Hefting a rock, she came up on it from behind and drove the stone into its back as hard as she possibly could, driving the sharp point into the vertebrae. The orc spasmed, an arm catching her wound as it fell. Gritting her teeth, Dae skipped out of the way of the body, her hands red, breathing deep and kneeling down.

"Hello, little one."

And, as the dragon trembled, the sounds of fighting in the cavern slowing to a stop,

A shadow rose behind her.

☆★☆★