gяєу-넷-fσυя

(GREY)

(GREY)

☆★☆★

ωσσ-נιи ¢нυℓ fяσωиє∂, ρєєяιиg ιитσ нєя єуєѕ.

He was uncharacteristically confused, combing his hands through his orange hair, brown eyes wide.

"Are we sure this is the Dae we know?"

Jinwoo knodded, convinced, but Dae's brother shook his head. "We need to be one-hundred percent sure," He said firmly, fiddling with the hem of his robe. "She could be an imposter- a new monster, for all we know."

She should've known better. What would her brother care if she was dead? There were less chances for her to get in his way. Jin-chul swallowed and cocked his head.

"Who here knows Dae the best, then?"

Both Jinwoo and Choi raised their hands. They turned to glare at each other, the light of their eyes reflecting off the hunter guild headquarters' whitewashed walls.

Jin-chul sighed and raised an eyebrow. "How old is she now?"

Neither male knew. Neither looked guilty. "Do you know, Woo-jin chul?"

"It was her Twenty-first just yesterday, I think." 

Dae raised her eyebrows, meeting Jin-chul's eyes.

Missed me, did you?

Yeah right. These two idiots just can't count.

What question d'you have for me, jin-chul?

"What is your daily routine?"

Dae snorted. "Why'd you choose the most boring question?"

The Inspector sighed. "Fine then. Your least favourite thing."

Dae grinned, clapping her hands. "It still hasn't changed. My least favourite thing is your sunglasses, jin-chul."

He sighed. "Yeah, it's her."

Dae smiled and bumped jin-chul's shoulder. "Let's go, then. Let's get some tteokbokki. I missed normal food so much."

Jin-chul laughed and bumped her back and, just like that, the room was quiet again as the two friends left.

☆★☆★

"AARGH. I forgot how loud it was here," Dae griped, setting her bowl aside, rubbing her hands over her ears then sighing contentedly, leaning back in her seat. "I'd forgotten how good food was, though."

Jin-chul smiled at her. "I did miss you, you know."

"I missed you, too, Jinchul."

They sat there in silence, watching the cafe's customers come and go, until Jin-chul murmured, stetting his elbows on the polished wooden table to prop up his face.

"You know that those dragons will find it hard to live here. They're used to living in caves- the Private Royal Park, where we have them staying at the moment, doesn't suit them at all. They've never even seen a tree, let alone clouds- they'll be terrified, of them, Dae, not to mention all the other oddities in that place. What are you going to do?"

"I don't know."

Her friend sighed, leaning back and unbuttoning his suit jacket.

"Let me fill you in on what's happened while you were away."

☆★☆★

"Wait- you stormed the ant nest! And how'd Jinwoo become an S-rank?"

Dae buried her head in her hands, fingers entwining in her mane of red hair. Jin-chul watched her, a small smile tracing his face. "I think it was good that you left. You look- a lot better than you used to."

She looked up with a grin.

"Admiring my beauty, are you?"

Jin-chul snorted. "You wish, Dae. I just- You were wasting away. And even though I missed you, you seem to be stronger." 

She laughed and thanked him, her eyes lighting up. "I feel stronger, too. Maybe one day i'll be able to beat you!"

Her rolled his eyes. "Once an E-rank, always an E-rank."

"Ohhhh, no! But what about Jinwoo?"

Jin-chul's eyes narrowed. "Assholes don't count." He hesitated. "And, It was the first E-S rank i've been alive to see. They're rare, Dae."

Dae moved his seriousness aside- she knew that. She knew that so well that she'd become used to the fact that she'd never grow stronger, and maybe... Maybe she didn't mind it so much anymore.

"So you're saying that I have to be an asshole to get re-awakened?" Dae sighed a long, ridiculously dramatic sigh and shook her head. "I have no hope, then. I'm as angelic as can be."

"I'd say you've got a pretty high chance, actually."

Dae growled at him playfully. "Hey!" 

Jin-chul laughed at her then stood, ruffling her hair, his expression becoming serious as he lifted his coat and threw it over his shoulders. "If you have any problems, call me. You remember how to use a mobile phone, right? Yours should be at the police station with your missing files."

Dae nodded and bade jin-chul farewell, paying the bill he left behind with the money he'd slipped into her hand as he'd left, then strolling out onto the streets and towards her old apartment. 

The police station and her phone could wait.

There was something more important that she needed to do first.

☆★☆★

Just a sort of filler chapter to start re-establishing Dae's connection to the 'real world'.  We'll be seeing more about her past soon.

Sorry if this chapter was a little bit slow, I'm trying to get used to writing every week again. 

I hope you all have a great day! Thank you for reading this chapter.

EDIT: Just some minor changes to the dialogue etc. Don't mind the notification.