яє∂-다섯 -fινє

(RED)

(RED)

☆★☆★

It lingered on his tongue.

It's not my fault, I missed you, come stay with me and we can be brother and sister again.

I'm a coward, I know, but I tried my best. Can't you see it's not your fault, you idiot?

Can't you see I care, Dae?

She didn't hear. He stood. "I won't ask for you to pay off the credit card. You probably don't have the money to, anyway."

The sound of their parents' car pulling up in the driveway startled him. He couldn't let Mother find him in the same room as Dae, or the consequences he'd face-

He didn't want to think of it. As Jong-in clambered out the window and paced quickly away, his sister watching curiously, he squared his shoulders. Forced his face into blankness.

He wanted to burn, but when he searched for the flames inside his heart all he found was ashes.

☆★☆★

Jin-chul frowned, pulling off his treasured sunglasses and setting them on the edge of his couch, worry flickering in his eyes. "Are you okay, Dae? Why'd you ask to come over?"

She swallowed. He'd just fret over her run in with Jong-in and probably end up yelling at him, so she presented her other problem to him.

"I- I was wondering if maybe you could manage to get me re-tested? Uh, rank wise. I wanted to see-"

"Sure, Dae," He interjected, his frown deepening, "But you know that the possibility of you being re-awakened is...slim, right?"

Dae smiled and nodded. "Yeah, Jin-chul. I know. Just to make sure."

"How about we get it over and done with now? I've got it with me, actually."

 "Why?"

"I recently just tested someone else," Jin-chul dismissed, pulling an orb from his bag. "Here."

She followed him to settle on the carpet. Jin-chul set the glass sphere on the table, pillowing it in it's fabric wrapping.  "Rest one hand on it-yeah, like that, and wait."

The orb slowly bloomed a vibrant red. Dae's eyes widened. "Ah- Jin-chul, what does it mean?"

He sighed. "Still an E-rank."

A grin spread over her face. She laughed.

This meant that all the way she'd come- it was all her. It was her work that had rendered her able to face off against S-ranked Sung Jin-woo. All the training, all the fighting, that four years of work were what made her suddenly so much stronger.

It wasn't a rank. It wasn't a power from the heavens.

It was her.

"Thanks, Jin-chul."

He narrowed his eyes. "Uh-Dae? Are you okay?"

"Yes,yes I'm perfectly fine. Yes, yes, definitely not going to do something ill- I mean-" he grabbed the back of her jacket. Jin-chul peered at her.

"You're doing something illegal?"

"N-no?" She swallowed. Jin-chul was a law enforcer, but he was also her friend. "Uh- since when have I done anything illegal?"

His face dropped. "You've been away for four years, Dae. You haven't been able to do anything illegal." He paused, brushing his hair from his face, "But if you are doing something illegal," His grin widened again, "Tell me so that I can join in, yeah?"

☆★☆★

So that was how Dae ended up standing before the gate of the 'Royal' park that stood in the centre of Seoul, digging a hole beneath the electric fence with a shovel in broad daylight.

"Are you sure you can't jump over the fence, Jin-chul?"

He shook his head. "No. I'm a Fighter class, not an Assassin."

"And i'm a E-ranked Mage, Jin-chul, and I can jump over. can't you just give it a try?"

He swallowed.

"H-how tall is the fence?"

"Are you scared of heights?"

"No."

"Coward," Dae sighed. "Can't you at least dig the hole?"

"Yeah sure. I was waiting for you to ask."

He tossed the shovel aside and tapped a finger to the ground. A terrified worm smacked Dae's nose.

"There," he muttered, almost petulantly. "See. I did it."

Dae glanced over her shoulder.

"Hurry up," she snapped, "You've made too much noise. There's a patrol passing soon." She had managed to circumvent the police officers that circled the immense park at regular intervals, but they had messed around outside for too long.

The pair darted through the hole Jin-chul had made. He replaced the dirt he'd excavated with a flap of his hand.

And a dragon charged straight for them.

☆★☆★

UNEDITED

ha yeah nah

so i'm going away for a while to somewhere that doesn't have internet reception so i'm not 100% sure when i'll be able to post another chapter. This chapter is somewhat of a filler for the next chapter.

But you'll have to wait for that.

Have a  great day! Thanks for voting if you did!