вℓα¢к - 하나 - σиє

(BLACK)

(BLACK)

☆★☆★

"уєѕ - ι'ℓℓ нєℓρ уσυ,", нє ѕαι∂, вєfσяє нє ¢συℓ∂ тнιик, вυт тнєи ραυѕє∂ αи∂ вℓιикє∂, єуєѕ ωι∂єиιиg ѕℓιgнтℓу- "му-му нєℓρ? ωιтн ωнαт?"

"The dragons that I have... affiliated myself with- our world is truly not where they belong, and it taxes them. Although they try to hide it, I can see that the adjustment required for them to grow used to our environment, well- it's just too large for them to cope properly."

Jin-woo nodded quietly. "Obviously. They're demons. Why didn't you leave them in their gate in the fist place, Choi?"

Dae grit her teeth- perhaps she made the wrong decision. She always made the wrong decisions, didn't she? She was- well, she was an idiot. Unfortunately. But she'd gone along with her spur-of the moment ideas so far and they'd worked out perfectly fine so far, thank you very much (-She hadn't died yet, she supposed), so she pushed on. "They followed me. Anyhow, Sung, I need to get them someplace safe."

"That still doesn't explain why you were attempting to enter an S-ranked gate."

"I was trying to see if you could communicate with the outside world somehow even from inside the gate."

He snorted, flicking his hair from his eyes with a quiet smile. "Good idea, Choi- just experiment on the highest rank gate availa-"

"piiss offf," she muttered lazily. "Are you gonna listen or what?"

He sobered. "Okay. So you want to relocate them into a gate, I suppose?"

She nodded. "But- It needs to be of the highest rank possible. I have an idea- If we get them into a gate with the strongest monsters we can, and I negotiate with them into getting them to-"

"Protect them!" Jin-woo's eyes widened, "Yes! But- you can speak to the monsters too?"

A roll of her eyes. "Yeah. I can. I dunno why though. And as for your ability to do so-well," Those red eyes narrowed, "It's just another thing to add to the list of wierd unexplained things about you."

He shrugged. Stretched his arms behind him and landed flat on his back, staring at the sky. "I'll help you. There."

☆★☆★

The shadow dragon's powerful wing beats echoed in Dae's ears. She stretched her arms wide and leaned back, feeling the rush of air on her skin. She'd flown on Kae-rin's back before, but the smooth beat of the fully-grown shadow's wings made flying near addictive, the ocean smooth beneath her, the moon glinting in the sky. Jin-woo and her had rested the day in Tokyo before leaving, and she could feel the warmth of her power slowly beginning to return to her limbs.

She gave an elated laugh as she stood straight again. "This is wonderful! I don't know why you don't go everywhere like this!"

The tall figure before her turned. "It wouldn't really be completely practical-"

He was interrupted by Dae sneezing loudly. Her eyes widened. Her arms flailed, fighting for balance- to no avail. She fell down towards the water, Jin-woo's eyes widening almost comically. "Dae!"

She hit the water far below with more of a plop than a splash- she'd learnt how to dive in her school water safety lessons- and resurfaced only to recieve a faceful of dragon. Jin-woo leaned down, grabbed her around the waist and hauled her back onto Kaisel's back.

"Hey! I was having a nice swim," she snapped playfully, readjusting her position on the dragon's back. Jin-woo rolled his eyes and chucked her his jacket silently.

She took it even though she didn't need it, draping it over her shoulders. She knew she should've returned it to him, but didn't feel compelled to.

In the dark, the waves looked as if they were made of velvet beneath them as they flew.

Dae slept. Jin-woo watched her head fall and couldn't suppress his slight smile. He wished she could've known that he didn't leave her by choice.

He wished, and the stars just might have listened.

In time, they seemed to whisper.

In time.

☆★☆★

UNEDITED

I have returned with a short chapter! I'm under lockdown at the moment- so no school which also equals more time for writing, so there may or may not be another chapter this week, depending on how I feel... I'm trying to get some more Jin-woo and Dae scene-thingos in beacause, well, the book's kind of all about them, isn't it. So.

The pains of being stuck at home with your younger sibling 24/7 are slowly prompting my sanity to ebbbbb awayyyy so please excuse me if there are any spelling mistakes or anything y'know.

How've you all been?

I hope you have a great day/night!