𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒

William woke up the next morning in better spirits. He was still shaken from the encounter with Victoria but he decided that he would still go to school. 

He sighed, shivering as his feet hit the cold floor. Goosebumps rose on his skin as he walked towards his closet. He grabbed a simple white shirt and a flannel. He put on the white shirt and then laid the flannel on his sore shoulders. He pulled on some black jeans and some sneakers before walking out of his room. 

He yawned, walking towards the kitchen. He paused as he heard his mother's footsteps.

"Hey William" his mother greeted as he entered the kitchen. 

"Hey Mom" he replied tiredly. 

He grabbed his backpack, yawning once more before pulling open the front door, shivering as the cold air engulfed him. He raised an eyebrow as he spotted Jacob sitting in his Porsche. He sighed before walking towards the Porsche, ripping open the passenger door and sitting inside.

"Why are you driving?"

Jacob shrugged, smirking. "I want to try out your Porsche"  

William grumbled but didn't complain. "Alright. I'm guessing your driving me to school."

Jacob nodded, pulling out of the driveway. "Yup."

"Don't kill us" he joked. 

Jacob smiled. "We both have accelerated healing."

"Yeah, but if we die, we're not coming back."

Jacob grinned and shook his head. "You're right about that."

"I am" William smirked. 

Jacob laughed and shook his head, tapping his finger lightly on the steering wheel. William stared outside, watching the rain drop down the window. He looked up as he saw Forks High School come into view. William sighed, gripping his backpack. 

"You'll be fine" Jacob murmured. "What the worst that could happen."

"Well" William hesitated, pretending to think about his answer. "I could--"

"Ok fine, there's a lot that could go wrong." Jacob interrupted. 

William smiled at Jacob before opening the passenger door, slinging his backpack over his shoulder. He tilted his head in confusion as Jacob opened the driver door, walking over to William. 

"What are you doing?" William questioned. 

Jacob grinned and pulled William for a tight hug. William tensed but relaxed into the embrace. He looked up, seeing Edward's steely gaze fixated on them. 

'You knew that he was watching' William spoke through the pack link. 

'Yup' Jacob replied. 

"You're confusing" William mumbled, shaking his head slightly. 

Jacob shrugged, still holding William in a tight embrace. 

"Goodbye, William" 

"Bye, Jake" 

Jacob opened the driver's door, climbing into the seat. He started up the car again, the engine roaring loudly as he drove out of the parking lot, William's gaze trailing after him. 

William sighed before walking towards the school's doors, noticing that he was late. 

"Damn" he cursed. "I missed class"

He walked through the school doors, his sneakers squeaking against the porcelain tiles as he walked through the hallways. He had missed Biology but he only had one more class before it would be Lunch, something that he was looking forward to, although he didn't know where he would sit. He would just have to find someplace or sit at an empty table. 

"William" a smooth velvety voice called out. 

William whipped his head around, spotting his father, Edward Cullen. He was wearing a casual grey shirt with black jeans. His eyes were a golden butterscotch, his hair was untidy but still looked stunning, despite it's untidiness. Dark bags were visible underneath his eye, giving him a tired appearance. His bronze-colored hair shined in the light and he wore a dazzling smile.

"Would you like to walk to our next class together?"

William hesitated, pressing his lips in a firm line before answering. "Sure"

Edward flashed him a crooked smile. "Well, we should head to class now."

"Or else we're going to be late." William interrupted. 

Edward nodded, standing besides William as they walked through the hallways towards their next class, ignoring the student's glances directed at them. 

William wanted to get to know his father. He would get to know him but he wouldn't get attached. Easy enough, right?

William knew he was setting himself up for failure . . .