𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟔

After class had finished, William rushed out of the school. He smiled slightly as rain began to pour from the sky, drenching some students. He sighed before walking out in the rain, grinning as rain poured down his face, drenching him. This was what he loved most about Forks. 

He walked in the parking lot, spotting his Porsche. He smiled, shaking his head slightly. He was sure that Jacob enjoyed driving his Porsche. William walked towards his Porsche, pulling the driver's door open. He quickly sat in the driver's seat, slamming the car door. He shivered slightly as he adjusted to the temperature of the warm car. 

His hands gripped the steering wheel tightly, his knuckles turning white as memories flashed through his head like a slideshow. 

He let out an audible gasp of relief as he was pulled out of his thoughts. What was happening to him? He shook his head and pressed his foot on the gas, the car lurching forward and speeding out of Fork's parking lot. 

He drove to his house, his chest falling and rising frantically. He stumbled out of the car, swallowing nervously. He fumbled with his car keys, dropping them on the ground. In an instant, Bella was by his side, holding out his keys with a concerned look on her face. 

"William, are you okay?" 

William exhaled a shaky breath. "Yeah, I'm fine"

Bella frowned but handed him his keys, their hands brushing against each other's. 

William gasped, his knees buckling underneath him. Bella caught William before he could slam to the ground, cradling him in her arms, her expression worried. 

"William?" she spoke. "William? Can you hear me?"

William's eyes were glazed over slightly, his eyes having a distant look. His mouth hung open slightly, choked gasps escaping his mouth.

'So beautiful'  Bella murmured. Her face was sunken and pale, wrinkles were evident on her forehead. Dark bags were under her eyes, her face was covered with sweat and her eyes were a murky brown. Bella was a human in this . . . whatever it was. 

'He's got your looks, Bells' Jacob called out, his voice sounding younger, not as mature. His mother smiled in response, staring into William's eyes. Blood covered her torso and she smiled weakly, exhaustion taking over her pale form. 

Suddenly, William started to cry? He was a baby? Where the hell was he? 

"Will? Can you hear me?"

William could hear his mother's voice, it sounded like her. He could only wait for this . . . moment to end. Whatever it was. He was confused but he could only watch as cries escaped his lips, echoing throughout the room. 

He gasped as he sat up, his eyes frantically scanning his surroundings. He inhaled sharply, noticing he was cradled in his mother's arms. His mother stared worriedly into his eyes. 

"What was that?" William gasped. 

"I don't know" Bella spoke. 

She lifted him up from the ground, carrying him bridal style. He leaned his head on her chest, calmed by the silence. 

"Are you okay, William?" Bella spoke softly. 

"I don't know" he whispered. 

She carried him to the couch, placing him down gently. She sat besides him, placing a comforting hand on his shoulder. 

"It was a memory" he spoke, his voice gentle. "I was a baby and I saw you. Except, you were . . ."

"I was what, William?"

"You were human. You were covered in blood." William answered hesitantly, his voice shaking with emotion. "You had brown eyes and looked very weak."

"Your birth" Bella murmured. "I saw parts of the memory."

"It was my birth?" William asked, bewildered. 

Bella nodded, pressing her lips in a thin line. "Maybe you can transmit memories in a way?"

"Or show them?" William replied. 

Bella shook her head. "I think it's your power. You can show memories."

"I'm going to learn how to control it." William said in a shaky voice. "I don't want to transmit memories every time I touch someone."

William sighed, dragging a hand over his face. He was frustrated with his predicament.

Things just got a lot more interesting . . .