Chapter 17 - Blood

"Chimney!" Addie shoots straight up in her bed, quickly grabbing her side in pain. Bobby jumps up from the chair he was sitting in at the foot of Addie's bed.

"Addie, you were in an accident. You're in the hospital. You need to lay back down, ok?" Bobby says gently pushing her down onto the bed.

"Uncle Bobby, where's Chimney?" Addie looks around, "I remember seeing him. His head was split open. Is he alive?"

"He is in surgery right now. How much do you remember?" Bobby asks, brushing his hand over her head.

"I don't care how much I remember! I want to see Howie." Addie tries pulling at the oxygen tube in her nose.

"Addie, you can't see him right now. But as soon as you are able to, don't worry, we will let you see him." Bobby puts his hand on her shoulder.

"Uncle Bobby, is he going to die? He looked really bad." a tear drips down Addie's cheek and it falls into a cut, "Ouch... How bad am I? Am I going to be alright?"

"Your leg got beat up pretty bad, but you had surgery to get it all fixed up. You are now the owner of two metal rods." Bobby laughs, Addie smirks before the worry once again consumes her face.

"What is Chim's surgery for?" Addie gulps.

"His head and his arm... There was a lot of blood built up around his scarring from the rebar incident, they had to get it out." Bobby sighs.

"Another brain surgery?" Addie looks down.

"Another brain surgery." Bobby nods, as there is a knock on the door frame.

"I need to tell them what happened... Don't I?" Addie asks as she points to Athena and another officer standing in the doorway.

"Yes, you do... I will be back as soon as you are done." Bobby says as he stands up.

"Please don't leave, Uncle Bobby." Addie cries.

"I'm sorry, Addie... But you know as well as I do that I can't stay for this." Bobby looks at her, "Don't worry. Athena is here for you. She loves you, just like I do, alright?" Addie nods as Bobby leaves the room.

"Alright, Addie. I know that remembering this might be scary or hard, but we need to get as much information from you as we can, ok?" Athena sits at the foot of Addie's bed. Addie stares at the ground. "Addie?"