Chapter 31 - Believe

"So what was up with Eddie last night?" Addie asks as she sets the table.

"I honestly have no clue..." Chimney says, leaning against the counter.

"He seemed really upset... Is it something to do with everyone being in a relationship except him?" Addie asks.

"I mean... I don't think so... It could be about Shannon though." Chimney says as he grabs the food off the stove.

"Who's Shannon?" Addie looks up.

"Oh... Yeah... You didn't know Shannon... Shannon was Eddie's wife, Christopher's mom. She died last year. She was hit by a car in a crosswalk, died in the ambulance." Chimney says.

"Wow. Poor Eddie. No wonder he was so sad." Addie says as there is a knock on the door.

"Did you invite someone over?" Chimney looks at Addie.

"No. I was going to ask you the same thing." Addie starts to walk over to the door.

"I've got it, babe." Chimney says as he opens the door, "Eddie?"

"I need to talk to you Chim." Eddie says as he pushes his way into the apartment.

"Won't you come in?" Chimney asks sarcastically.

"Eddie! What a surprise. Would you like to stay for dinner?" Addie asks.

"Um... Sure..." Eddie sits down at the table.

"What's up, Eddie?" Chimney asks as he walks over to the table. 

"I'm in love with Buck." Eddie says as he looks at Chimney who's jaw has dropped.

"I'll get the wine." Addie says.

"Please do." Eddie says.

"Howard!" Addie snaps in Chimney's face as she walks past.

"Sorry... I just could've sworn that Eddie just said that he is in love with Buck." Chimney shook himself out of the trance.

"I did." Eddie looks at him, and Addie walks back over and hands him a wine glass, "Thank you, Addie."

"Of course. Chimney, do you want some?" Addie asks holding up the bottle.

"Yes, please." Chimney says without taking his eyes off of Eddie.

"So, you're in love with Buck, huh?" Addie asks as she pours Chimney and herself both a glass of wine.

"I am... And that's what I need to talk about. Both Hen and Bobby say that I should tell him." Eddie takes a gulp of his wine, "But I don't want Jenny to hate me."

"Understandable." Addie says. She looks over to Chimney who is still staring at Eddie in disbelief, and smacks his arm.

"Sorry. I still can't believe that Eddie is in love with Buck." Chimney says.