Chapter 40 - Help

"Addelaide Morris, I love you with all my heart. I don't want to spend another day without you by my side. You are my best friend, and the love of my life. I want to share my future with you. I want to share everything with you... Will you marry me?" Chimney asks as he pulls a ring out of his pocket.

"Yes!" Addie cries with her hands over her mouth. Chimney stands up and scoops her up in a hug.

"We're getting married!" Chimney smiles as he sets her down.

"We are!" Addie smiles as he places the ring on her finger, "Howie, it's beautiful."

"Just like you." Chimney smiles.

"You are too much." Addie rolls her eyes.

"I can't believe that you said yes." Chimney has a look of shock on his face.

"Of course I said yes. You're the best thing to ever happen to me." Addie hugs him.

"I love you, Addelaide." Chimney puts his arms around her shoulders.

"I love you, too, Howard." Addie kisses his cheek, just as the sound of tires screeching fills the air behind them, followed by a loud crash, "What was that?"

"I don't know." Chimney looks around, taking his suit coat and tie off and draping them over the garden fence. 

"Howie." Addie watches as he rolls up his sleeves.

"I have to help them, Addie. It's my job to help." Chimney looks her in the eyes.

"Just be careful. I love you." Addie looks at him with fear in her eyes.

"Call Bobby." Chimney runs towards the sound of the crash.

"Chim!" Addie calls after him, standing alone in the middle of the garden.

"Just do it, Addie!" Chimney yells, running down the hill. Addie grabs her phone out of her purse and dials Bobby's number.

"Uncle Bobby?... There was an accident. We are up by the Hollywood sign... I don't know how bad it is, but Chimney is already over there... Alright. Please hurry!" Addie hangs up the phone and runs after Chimney. She sees him standing half-way down a deep hill, and runs up behind him. Chimney points down the hill at a tour bus that is upside down.

"We're gonna need more than just the 118." Chimney says as he pulls out his phone.

"Oh my god." Addie looks over at Chimney and they silently make eye contact.

"I have to go help them."  Chimney says.