Chapter 75 - Spared

"Athena! What happened?!" Chimney cries as he  tries to run up to Addie's side, but Eddie grabs him and holds him back. 

"I... I turned around to grab my gun... She ran over and the next thing I knew..." Athena looks down, still holding pressure onto Addie's hip.  

"Athena..." Bobby runs up to them, but Eddie stops him too. 

"Bobby." Athena looks at him, with tears in her eyes. . 

"Someone's gotta help her." Chimney tries to pull out of Eddie's grasp, but Eddie is too strong. 

"Chim. We've got this, alright?" Eddie says calmly. 

"I have to help her." Chimney says as tears start streaming down his face. 

"The best thing you can do for her right now is stay back, alright?" Hen looks at him calmly, before running over to relieve Athena. 

"How did this happen?" Chimney cries as Athena slowly walks over, her uniform drenched in blood. 

"I..." Athena starts as she bursts into tears. Bobby quickly grabs her and holds her close. 

"Eddie! We need a little help over here!" Hen calls from Addie's side. 

"I've got to go. The three of you need to stay here, alright?" Eddie looks at them sternly as another officer approaches the three of them. Eddie runs over to Hen and Buck and kneels down to help. 

"She's lost a lot of blood." Hen says, lifting her hands from the wound.

"How long has she been out?" Eddie whispers. 

"Athena said that she passed out a few minutes before we got here. She couldn't exactly tell me though, because she is super shaken up." Hen sighs. 

"I would be too..." Buck says quietly.  

"Buck. I need the scissors." Eddie holds his hand out for them, inspecting her to see if there was blood coming from anywhere else. Buck frantically hands Eddie the scissors, continuously looking over his shoulder at Athena, Chimney, and Bobby. 

"Buck. We need you to focus on Addie, not them." Hen says. 

"Right. Sorry." Buck nods as he watches Eddie cut Addie's uniform to reveal a hole in her side, right above her hip. 

"Well... At least he spared her hip." Eddie sighs as he grabs a handful of gauze and holds it to the wound. 

"We've got to transport her now." Hen whispers, so Bobby and Chimney can't hear. 

"Someone needs to get them out of here first." Eddie looks up at Bobby and Chimney who are watching closely at their every move.