"Fictional Partner"

To my fictional partner

I sat at a table waiting for you to come. Felt no words could come out. Taking deep breaths full of fear. In the pit of my stomach butterflies emerged. Meetings in imagination, the ones that don't come true.

Soft strokes felt my skin
The shadow looked at me
And in a blurred vision
I knew it was you

I didn't want to waste time and tried to make the most of it. We went to Paris, the city of love where the taste was impeccable. It's fashion, It's culture... It was everything.
I stared at how wonderful you were. It was hard to not get attached to someone unreal.

My heart flutters every time I remember. It was that "CLICK" we both had. After that long walk on the beach, you picked me up like a delicate flower. Felt water dripping from my body and I laughed forgetting it was not going to last.

We traveled without worry.
In the altered world, I wished was mine.
Saw the sunrise by your side.

I passed my fingers through your hair to remember that silky touch because I knew flowers eventually die.

Your presence made me feel safe
Your aura was my light
You're meant to be mine

I saw my reflection through your eyes
Tears formed on mine
It was time to say goodbye
And when my body started decaying
I held you in your arms
Not wanting to turn into dust
I forgot it was not going to last

In a split second, I opened my eyes
I looked around for you but the reality was all in my head. I forced myself to remember your face. To never forget your touch.

But I cried knowing I will forget you overtime...

With all my heart, soul, and mind,
The girl that dreams

________________________________________________________
Hello lovely people!
Thank you so much for your support on my book. I can't believe we hit 3k and almost 1k votes. You guys are amazing and I can't express the feeling I have in my heart. I know this chapter was a bit short but I had this letter in mind for a long time and I wanted to write it perfectly. Please keep on voting and commenting it makes my day. Also if you guys have any recommendations for letters will gladly hear them out.
LOVE YOU ALL
- Dream