Chapter 15: Devil Horns

Flashes of memories that Klaus had buried a long time ago resurfaced. As if a storm disrupted the calm waves and hurled the bottom of the sea to the shore for everyone to see its impurities. But through the darkness, new memories haunted Klaus's slumber. Moments of time that were more painful than what he'd been through; more painful than his father's words or fists. 

Crawling through Klaus's mind were the memories of when his mate was bleeding in his arms from bullets. That single memory wiped out the years of torture inflicted on Klaus from his father. Everything seemed feeble to Klaus, and nothing drained the blood from his body more than when he saw King hurt. Only the blood that spilled from his mate mattered to Klaus and he'd see that nothing hurt him again.

With a sudden jolt, Klaus's eyes snapped open. He winced once he had, because his body ached from every single muscle, bone or ligament. His back had never been so sore and his hips were tight; this was worse than the time Hunter decided to teach Klaus self-defence, and Klaus still remembered those horrendous days. So, for him to feel worse than that time, he knew his body had been pushed to its furthest limit.

In the dark bedroom, Klaus looked up to the coved black ceiling with the black chandelier, that was turned off. It was quiet in the room and only his ragged breath could be heard as he laid immobile, like a truck held him down with its weight.

A couple of days had gone by since Klaus had completed the mating with King, which was not planned or expected at all from Klaus, it was all King's idea. Klaus pushed his hair from his eyes and got up, as he looked to his side where King was asleep. Since they hadn't slept all night, Klaus knew that King was dead to the world right now.

Klaus's tired eyes went straight to the balcony where slivers of light peeked through and creased onto the bed and floor. He realized that it should be close to noon by now and he needed to return to the pack. Today was not only their annual Halloween bash, but Hailey's baby shower and King's birthday. However, Klaus wasn't going to force King to celebrate his birthday with the entire family.

These last couple of days that Klaus has spent with King, he realized that King was still very new to sharing his feelings with more than just Bone. So, Klaus was going to have to do something different than the usual Centauri birthday celebrations for King. Once Klaus knew that King was comfortable then he'd celebrate his future birthdays with the family.

Pushing aside the thoughts of his horrid dreams, plans and feelings that sunk into his heart, Klaus got out of bed. He went straight to the shower, that he'd gotten really familiar with, to get himself cleaned up after the long nights and days that King kept him occupied. Never before had Klaus ventured down the path of sexual exploration, in fact he could've cared less about it. Except with King, it was entirely different because he had a way of pulling Klaus out of his shell. These past couple of days, Klaus had done everything that he had never done with anyone. He had to admit to himself that he was glad that he hadn't slept with anyone, because it felt special to be with King and to be only with him from now on.

Klaus sauntered out of the shower after freshening up. A couple of days had passed since Klaus had stayed over and he had completed the mating with King. They hadn't left the house since then and most of their time was spent in the bedroom. That alone took quite the toll of Klaus's body and he felt as if concrete replaced his limbs. He wondered how his family was doing these few days, he knew that they wouldn't worry over him because he had called to let them know where he'd been this whole time.

Klaus stood in front of the foggy mirror, he swept his hand across and he appeared dripping wet from the shower. His body may have been wet but what startled Klaus was the bright marks on his skin and all over his torso. He turned his back and more marks revealed, he gaped at the nails raked across the span of his back marking his skin thoroughly. He looked back at King who was calmly asleep after he had completed his task to possess every part of Klaus, like there was no tomorrow for them.