Chapter 23: Black & White

A massive white tent had been put on the middle of the field to host tonight's big event

A massive white tent had been put on the middle of the field to host tonight's big event. Golden lights strung over all the seats made it appear as if there was a shimmering star show over them. Music was booming through the field and everyone was preparing for the lunar hour, when the moon was highest in the sky, but closest to the wolves on this special day.

The entire Centauri pack was bustling around their territory getting everything ready just on time. Food was hot and steaming in trays, ready to be served after the ceremony. The tall four-tier cake with vanilla bread and strawberry cream filling had been prepared as well; it stood tall in the middle of the long buffet table, with a bunch of naughty pups eyeing its glorious form. All the pups were dressed in their nicest clothes, and without a doubt, they were scolded over not to get them dirty. The rest of the pack members wore their fine suits and lovely dresses for the night they all anticipated, since its announcement.

Nonetheless, nothing beat the chaos in the Centauri manor. All of them were running back and forth to get themselves ready. Missing shoes; ironed shirts; loose ties; all of them distracted easily despite the tight schedule. And this time, the one who could save them during this dire dilemma, was the one this night was prepared for; the night that he awaited eagerly.

Klaus was in his bedroom, standing in front of the long mirror feeling rather composed despite the hectic atmosphere. As he wrapped the small pearl-white silk piece under his shirt's collar, he raised his chin a little higher and tied the bow and carefully arranged the lapels to sit perfectly. He flipped down the collar of his white shirt after.

Klaus finally let out a breath once he was done, when abruptly, the door burst open and Vincent stormed inside.

"Look at you!" exclaimed Vincent. He came over to Klaus dressed in a rich velvet-black tuxedo that went perfectly with his tall, elegant built. Vince's blond hair was stylishly raked back and his lavish cologne was definitely smelt from a mile away.

"King was right," said Sabrina, as she walked in as well. "The white tuxedo really makes your eyes pop."

Unlike Klaus who was wearing an all-white tuxedo, his family stood in bright colours. Sabrina wore a sapphire-blue dress, which molded to her flawless figure. The thin spaghetti straps held up the plunging neckline and she adorned diamonds, that resembled rain droplets around her neck and ears. Her chocolate-brown hair was curled and brought over to one side of her shoulder. She looked radiant standing in tall silver heels, which went perfectly with her gown.

"Let me get a look at him!" Hailey pushed through and found Klaus with her arms open. She came over and hugged him. "You look perfect, Klaus."

"Thanks," Klaus hugged her closely. "You look beautiful too," he said and he meant it.

Despite being really pregnant, she stood in a cute mahogany dress that flowed to her feet and had a sweet-heart neckline. Her scarlet-red hair was straightened out and the long length fell nearly to her hips. Hailey avoided heels and stuck to strappy black sandals, which made her come up to Klaus's shoulder. So, he had to bend his knees to reach her red-lipped kiss on his cheek, which she wiped for him.