You

Today, Iyana made sure to set her alarm so she wouldn't be late for breakfast. During Breakfast she didn't speak; She only smiled and thanked James when he gave her more orange juice. "Iyana I adore your bracelet.", complemented Ms. Carter. "Oh thank you, Mrs. Carter.", Iyana replied and raised an eyebrow at Matthew.

"Iyana we are attending a Christmas party, you will be coming with us wont you?",said Mr. Carter. "Well, it would be my pleasure.". This actually surprised Iyana because she thought that Mr. Carter didn't want anything to do with her presence anywhere. Actually, Mr. Carter wanted both of his boys around tonight and he knew how much Landon wanted Iyana around.

Iyana went upstairs, back to her room to take a nap. She found James in her room fishing around. "Can I help you with something?", She asked. James help himself up off his knees and replied,"Oh, Just cleaning.". Iyana took the broom from him and said,"No Offense, James, but you are quite.......", she didn't want to say old so she continued,"Up in age. I'll be glad to take some work off your hands.

James smiled and walked out of the room. She began to sweep and after a few minutes a figure passed in the hallway. "Iyana why are you sweeping?!", Mr. Carter asked,"James!". Iyana rushed over to him,"No, no, Mr. Carter.". She saw James coming up the hall and gave him a look to go back to whatever he was doing.

"Mr. Carter I felt a little guilty having that poor old man on his hands and knees cleaning my room. I know it's his job........but it's Christmas.", Iyana smiled. Mr. Carter laughed and said,'Yes very sweet of you. If you wish, carry on.".

Twenty minutes later, Iyana plopped down on her bed. "All done.", she said, then she smelled something. "God, I stink. Shower time." She got up and went to the restroom and turned the water on.

When she got out of the shower there was a bronze dress and shoes on her bed. "Wow", she whispered to herself. She put it on and held it to her body with the sides of her arms. She saw Landon passing in the hallway. She called to him,"Landon can you zip me up?".

He walked over and Pulled the zipper up. "If you were wondering my mother must have given you this dress. It was my mom's when she was younger. She wore it when my dad proposed. Stay there and close your eyes.". Landon walked over to the dresser and opened the drawer. "I see you didn't open the drawer like I asked.",Landon said opening the box.

"Sorry I was rushed that morning and then I never got to it.". Iyana felt something cold on her skin and opened her eyes. It was a gold necklace with a ruby in the middle. "Landon...", she said but had no words to describe it.

Landon moved her hair aside and looked at the necklace. He ran his fingers across it and kissed the back of Iyana's neck. "Let's go.".

At the party....

The chandelier over Iyana's head was so big that she felt that it could fall any moment. Everyone was in very elegant dresses and suits. Mrs. Carter said to her husband,"Iyana looks beautiful. They remind me of us, Frank.". "Only if Matthew was that good.", he replied I worry about the boy. Do you think we're making the right choice?", he asked. "He deserves it.", Mrs. Carter replied.

"Landon, I really wanna dance.", Iyana said. He groaned,"I'm not that good.". Iyana pleaded with her eyes and Landon stretched out his hand.

As they slow danced, Iyana asked,"Why didn't you tell me about your family?". Landon replied,"I didn't want you to look at me in any different way.". "I understand that. I'm just glad you didn't change once we got here.".

Someone tapped Landon on the shoulder. Landon and Iyana broke apart to see a skinny blond in an off-white dress. "Landy!", she said and hugged him knocking Iyana out of the way. "Madeline...", Landon said,"Uh.....This is my girlfriend, Iyana.".

Madeline shot her a quick hi and went back to talking to Landon. "Can we dance?", Madeline asked. Iyana just backed away to the sidelines and watched. Madeline went on,"So where did you pick her up?". Landon replied,"Don't talk about her that way. I didn't pick her up at all.".

"Landy, you know that this summer we were supposed to pick back up where we left off. Daddy wants us to be together, so do I.".

Mrs. Carter walked up to Iyana and put her arm around her. "You don't have to worry about her, Madeline.". Iyana replied,"Oh sure, she is a little perfect.". Mrs. Carter leaned in and said,"Between you and me, She's been trying to get at Landon forever. Her dad owns a satellite company and he wants to combine. Guess he's been trying to use his daughter. You really don't have to worry because Landon likes you not her."

At home...

Iyana stood on the balcony looking at the garden. It was lit up and the snow made it shine even more. Landon snuck up on her and squeezed her stomach. "Come on.".

Landon led her to his room. The radio in his room was playing and the lights were dim. "Did you plan something?", Iyana asked. "No.". He took her hands and said,"The reason I trusted you with my family stuff is because...". "What?", Iyana asked. "I love you.".

His hand ran down the side of her neck and and there lips met. Iyana realized it was there actual first kiss. After, they rested their foreheads on each other's. "So now..."Iyana said. "Should we do what I'm thinking about?", Landon asked. "What are you thinking about?", Iyana asked. "Let me show you.".

He kissed her again and this time much more. They walked over to his bed and still kissing, he lowered her onto the bed. Landon started to kiss her neck and moved the dress strap off her shoulder. You by Jesse Powell played on the radio.

"Landon, wait.", Iyana said. "Mm...what?", he asked. "You're my first.", Iyana said. "I'm glad to be." Landon ran his hands down the sides of Iyana's stomach and scooped her up and kissed her stomach. Then he did it.

That night they didn't just have sex.

They made love.