Their Other Half

In counting: four months. But Iyana didn't know if Landon was counting but she was. Everything seemed like it was a different world. She started hanging out with her Tyreke and Jaenay; no longer with Gray. Because she handed the club over to Landon. Not as an apology gift, but because he was right. She wasn't fit to lead gray. 

Landon wasn't dragged over to one side. He still sat with gray. Landon was still pissed off at Iyana that she let everyone get to her. One girl from Gray asked,"What really happened to Iyana?". Landon sighed and replied,"She couldn't take it. But I don't think she's changed her position. She's just too scared.". 

"Iyana? Iyana!", Tyreke said when Iyana wouldn't even answer. She looking at everyone in Gray. They were so happy and laughing. With Tyreke, all they talked about was how they hated white people. To Iyana, it was stupid because they didn't even know any white people like that to say they hated them. 

"Sorry, Ty.", Iyana said finally directing her. "Iyana, it's over. He didn't deserve you anyway. Just forget him."

After Lunch, Iyana went back to her room to get her textbook she left. the hall way was crowded with scurrying students. She had to squeeze past do many people to get to her room. Then she realized that she was squeezing past Matthew.

"And how are you?", He asked smiling. "Thanks to you, life is pretty sucky right now. I really don't understand why you hate me so much.", Iyana said. As long as you and Landon aren't together I'm happy.".

Iyana got in his face and said,"Why? Because if we're together everyone will realize that this whole race war is stupid and you'll never be on top again right. And I'm pissing you off because you know I'm right." 

"Don't flatter yourself.",Matthew replied and walked away. Iyana got her textbook and closed her room door. Landon appeared asking,"You were talking to Matthew?". Iyana was stunned that he wanted to talk to her. 

"Yeah, we always kinda mess with each other like that.". Landon looked down the hall as Matthew disappeared down the stairs. He looked back at the ground and Iyana asked,"We're still not talking are we? After four months? The year is ending in a few weeks.". Landon shook his head and looked her in the eye and walked away. 

Iyana her her book down and a tear ran down her face. They both felt empty, incomplete. 

From missing their other half. 

I know it was kind of a short chapter. Sadly, Love is not a RACE will be coming to an end soon. 

:(