Resolutions (pt. 2)

Iyana woke up early to catch Mr. Smith. She waited outside his classroom most of the morning. As Mr. Smith walked up to the door he asked,"Ms. Thompson what are you doing here?", helping her up.

"Mr. Smith, I'm so glad you're here! Last night I got this recording of Chris. He admitted the rape. Here.", Iyana said handing him the tape. Mr. Smith smiled and took the tape. "Your a good person and a good friend, Ms. Thompson.", he said and walked off with the tape. 

Iyana bust through the door and startled Jaenay who was packing her bags. "Why are you so happy?",Jaenay asked. "I know you told me not to mettle,", Iyana started,"but Mr. Smith is on his way to the police station with a recoding of Chris's confession. Everyting's gonna be okay.".

Jaenay's eyes began to swell an she ran to hug Iyana. "Why did act like it was nothing? And that it was your fault?", Iyana asked. Jaenay wiped the tear from her eye and explained,"When I went home, I told my mom.  She said since I got drunk and ran off with a stranger that I brought it upon myself."

"What happened is no one's fault. I just hope this makes things better for you.", Iyana said. Jaenay went over by her bed and unzipped her suitcase. She took out a box and opened it. Inside was a golden necklace. "I want you to have this.", Jaenay said.

She turned Iyana around and put the necklace on her. "Jaenay no. It's not like I'm going anywhere.", Iyana said. "But I am. My mom is transferring me to Berkley.". Iyana turned around and hugged Jaenay again and said,"I'm gonna miss you.".

Today Iyana was going to make everything right with everyone. She knocked on his door and a few seconds later Tyreke answered. "Hey Iyana.", He greeted. Iyana said,"Now you gotta start calling me cookie again.", and Tyreke laughed.

Iyana went on,"Even though I'm Landon's girlfriend, I will always be your girl.". Tyreke hugged her and welcomed her inside. His cap and gown was laid out on his bed. "I was about to put it on.", He said gesturing to the clothes. 

Iyana brought him to the mirror and began to fix his tie. "So you still gonna go with that engineering company?", she asked. "Yeah.", he replied,"i should be gettin a promotion soon. More importantly, you gonna be okay without me?". Iyana laughed and said,"I am a woman of the 90s.", an Tyreke nudged her. "Imma see you later, okay?". "Later, Cookie.".

Door number two: Matthew's. But Iyana knew that leveling with him would be much harder. Matthew answered the door and groaned. Iyana came in even though she was never formally welcome.

She started,"I got you now. You first don't like me because I'm black and I remind you of that guy that took your dad's job.". Matthew looked at her from the corner of his eye but then continued packing. "Second, I prove you wrong constantly.". He turned around getting frustrated,"What?! What do you want?!", he shouted. 

"I...", Iyana shouted back at him,"want you to call off this race war. You and Tyreke are both leaving today and also leaving this mess behind for people like me to clean up! Now Ty is down the hall. Squash it or leave it be and more innocent people get hurt. Your choice.".

Matthew walked with Iyana down the hall to Tyreke's room. Passing people looked at them suspiciously. Iyana opened the door and Tyreke was in his gown now. 

"Iyana what's going on?", He asked looking at her and Matthew. Iyana looked at the both of them saying,"You two are leaving. This needs to be over. So?".

Matthew and Tyreke finally dapped each other. "Got yourself a good one.", Matthew said. "Man, Thanks.",Tyreke said hugging Iyana. She took Tyreke by the arm and said,"If you will excuse us...". 

"Iyana you're just everyone's counselor today aren't you?", Tyreke asked as she dragged him though the halls. "We should end this year with everyone on a good note.", she said knocking on a door.

Landon opened the door looking confused with Tyreke standing beside her. Iyana turned on her puppy eyes and said,"You two are my best guys and I don't want any tension. So be nice. For me. Cause I'm cute and we can all agree on that.". Both Landon and Tyreke laughed and dapped and Iyana smiled. 

Iyana sat next to her mother,Landon, and his parents in a spring dress in the auditorium. The valedictorian said a very moving speech that made Iyana's mom cry. When Matthew and then Tyreke got their diploma, Iyana, Landon, his parents and her mom clapped the loudest. When the ceremony was done Iyana ran up and hugged her bother. 

The year was great and the upcoming one's were gonna be even better. 

Epilogue...

Matthew was given a few months in jail but Chris got ten years in jail. Tyreke is an executive game designer at Toytown Inc. Jaenay stayed at Berkley for one year and dropped out. She got a few weird jobs once she moved back to Atlanta and also became an alcoholic. She hasn't been seen in a few years. Iyana and Landon dated throughout college and eventually got married. They had one daughter: Avery Carter.

(If you liked this one, go read the new story Im writing, Loving Leo, a fanfic about Leonardo DiCaprio. TRUST ME, it's not cliche with him being prince charming or a bad boy turned good by some random girl in high school. It's about his and his friend Granger's, who is a girl, rise to fame, power, and fortune in hollywood. Along the way they face a lot of obstacles, and it includes a lot of true events in Leo's life and true facts and things about him. It's very good, so check it out and tell me what you think.)