The Otter v. The Wolf (pt. 2)

Sorry this took so long, I hope you like it :)

The Otter finally got back to his feet and was shifting from one to the other nervously. You smiled at his.
childishness as the tv got back from commercial and the opening music played. The man in the costume
stopped moving all together as Mic announced his arrival.

“This is the long-awaited moment for all you music and hero fans out there. Let’s get the Otter back onto his stage for his performance against the big bad Wolf!” Mic waved his arm to the opening in the
wall as he made his way off stage.

The Otter galloped out of the room and opened his own arms wide,
welcoming all the praise he was receiving from his fans. The lights in the main room got darker, the background screen turned a misty red while the light overhead turned a dark blue. Fog covered the stage and was stirred around as the Otter carefully made his way to his spot, his red clothing fitting perfectly into the setting.

The music started to fade in at last, it was much softer than his past performances, but this was the last
semi final round. The winner of this got to compete for the crown. Reality hit you once again as you realized you were in fact in that group. Either you would go against the Wolf or the Otter, that made you smile to yourself. You had been deemed good enough to go against these amazing performers that you thought were way out of your league.

You continued to watch the screen while the background dancers, dressed in completely black body suits, go to their respective places on the stage. The judges were whispering about god knows what. Ms. Joke and Fatgum were both giggling with their hands up, All Might and Ryukyu watched them with disappointed looked on their faces.

“You tell me that I was never good enough.” You flinched at the soft voice that stopped everyone in their tracks. The judge’s eyes flew open and you yourself had goose bumps. And that was from only one line.

“Remind me of the demons, that I’ve been runnin from.” The Otter stood dead still in the middle of the stage while the dancers moved around him slowly, waving their arms and swirling the fog up into the air to where everyone could only see him through breaks in the mist.

“Tell me who the hell you thought I was. Or just blame it on the person, the person I’ve become.” From what you could see of the Otter, he only looked at the ground. While transitioning into the next line, he jerked his head up and the dancers ran away from him, the force of them running in unison removed the fog from blocking the view.

“Well lately, I don’t give a fuck. Cus I can’t be myself when I’m with anyone. Maybe, I’m already gone. Ill never be the same!” He threw his head up and all the dancers jumped, the lights flashed red and white back and forth.

“Hitting me like a hurricane! Hitting me like a tidal wave! And I don’t know why I drown my mind in everything they say!” The crowd screamed and the judges were all out of their seats.The Otter was jumping up and down howling the words into the mic with so much emotion it could kill someone. “It hit me like a hurricane! It hit me like a tidal wave! And I don’t know why I drown my mind, it got the best of me!"

The lights went dark once again as the dancers replaced themselves next to the Otter. The crowd stayed hype, but the overall mood was sad again, almost as if in a flashback. The dancers brought the fog up to his face and covered him once again. “Tell me I’m lost inside my mind. Remind me I’ve been searching for something I won’t find.”

“Tell me I was never worth the time. Or just blame it on the person, you think i left behind." This time when the dancers left his side, the Otters face was still covered with mist, though it was slowly retreating to the ground. “Cause lately, I don’t give a fuck. Cause I can’t be myself when I’m with anyone. Maybe, I’m already gone. Ill never be the same!” He ran around the edge of the stage and when he started singing the next part, he jumped off of it and into the crowd, running throughout them and listening to their delighted screams. The lights flashed and the dancers grabbed their partners hands, throwing each other in the air, spinning every which way.