The Gazelle vs. the Otter (pt. 1)

Helllooooo! I told a bunch of y'all last night that I'd have a new chapter up in a couple days, but I was just kidding, more like a couple hours! I got really hyped up from your comments and it makes me so happy to see you guys try and guess who is who, so I got this chapter done! I know it might not be much, I don't think it's my best chapter, but it's something!

The Gazelle walked calmly onto the stage, his fake blue fur glistened in the stage lights as he prepared himself for his next performance, against the only remaining contestant who hasn't sung yet. 

You shifted from foot to foot, the room was so quiet you could hear your feathers rustle against each other. You were nervous for the Gazelle, he was in uncharted territory, how well would the Otter perform? 

"Alrighty listeners! I have one thing to ask before we get this show on the road! Are you ready?!" Present Mic hyped up the crowd as the masked hero got into place. The excitement was electric throughout the crowd. 

The lights dimmed and the Gazelle faded into the background, you saw some stage hands roll mirrors onto the stage, they scurried off and the lights slowly turned back on but stayed dim. Blue spotlights were pointed at the man dressed up on stage. 

He started out soft as he looked up slowly. 

"I see those tears in your eyes. I feel so helpless inside." 

This dude was gonna bring his all right here, right in front of this entire crowd, the judges leaned forward ready to see his whole self. 

"Oh love, there's no need to hide. Just let me love you when your heart is tired…" 

The lights went dark once again, when the music picked back up the lights flashed between gold and blue. 

"Cold hands, red eyes, packed your bags at midnight." 

The Gazelle began to tap his foot with the best as he stared at the ground. 

"They've been there, for weeks, I don't know what came by me." 

He flipped his head up and slowly began walking forward, towards the front edge of the stage. 

"Just roll up a cigarette. Just forget about this mess. Been waiting on the sidelines, from the sidelines." 

He stopped suddenly then jumped, he spun 90 degrees to where his body was facing the entrance to the back room, but his head remained looking at the judges. 

I wonder if he's looking at someone up there specifically… You thought to yourself as you brought your hand up to your chin. 

He lifted up his hand and made a fist. 

"I see those tears in your eyes! I feel so helpless inside! Oh love, there's no need to hide…." 

The lights stopped flashing and instead remained gold and moved around slowly, like how water reflects. 

"Just let me love you when your heart is tired!" 

"If your ghost, pulls you up high, and it feels like you lost who you are, my love, there's no need to hide!" 

The lights got brighter and brighter then they suddenly turned off. 

They flashed back on right as he sang the next line. 

"Just let me love you when your heart is tired!" 

Background dancers jumped onto the stage behind him and they all broke into dance. Two dancers behind him on each side.