41| Indeed

The door behind me closed as I stood in his bedroom, my mind went blank as if it malfunctioned. Without his presence, it felt unfamiliar, like everything was off.

I stared aimlessly. Tears slowly escaped as the brutal truth gradually hit me.

The three Infurnuses chirped wearily as they left my shoulder for the table. Placed at the center of the table was a wooden box, with its lid opened. Papers filled it up, and some overflowed and landed on the table.

I took a step forward.

Then another.

I could hear my footsteps beating alongside my heartbeat as I approached the mystery case. My feet stopped right in front of it. Tears streamed down my face as I realised they were letters.

Most of them were white letters, but four were blue.

The Infurnus' antennae was droopy as Phoenix and Aurora joined Burpy in a hug. I reached out for the highlighted letters, and I opened them.

...
Dear Alessia,

It has been a few hours since I left the surface, and I'm already missing you. I just finished the strawberry cupcake you gave me, and god I have to admit it's the best cupcake in the entire universe! I just wish that I could celebrate all of my birthdays with you in the future, and I believe I will be able to once I find my way back to the Surface!

I met a molenoid today, his name is Pronto. He guided me around and educated me about Slugterra, so please don't worry about me. I'll do perfectly fine down here!

I fired my first ever slug today! Burpy's transformation was super cool! I just hope you got to see it with me firsthand.

Ales, I'm so sorry for leaving without notice. Please, understand that being the protector of Slugterra was my job, and it was my duty as a Shane to keep Slugterra hidden from your world.

Only my dad knew how to travel back to the Surface, but not to worry, I will find the way back to you, no matter how long it takes, no matter how much I have to sacrifice. Please have faith in me, I will not let you down.

I miss you so much, Ales.

Your love,
Blue.

...
It has been a year, Ales. I really miss you.

I'm now part of the Shane Gang, the protectors of the 99 caverns. It's a huge honour to be Slugterra's biggest hero at only the age of sixteen, and I hope you're proud of me.

I love the slugs and the people here. I have the passion to bring peace back to this beautiful place, but fighting against Doctor Blakk was hard.

I met my dad today, but he was gone again. He sacrificed himself for me, for the slugs, for Slugterra. Ales, I felt the pain of losing someone I love today, and it was like a knife pounding into my heart. It was painful, both physically and mentally. I just wish you're here. I wish that I can cry in your arms, knowing that everything will be fine.

I lost my dad, I can't afford to lose you too. Please, stay alive for me, and don't lose hope. I'll find you one day, I promise.

I'm trying so hard not to be sad, but it hurts.

I miss you, Ales.

Do you miss me?

Your love,
Blue.