Chapter 8: Mate

Derek's PVO

We had a get together in the palace today as we finally defeated the deadly disease.  Mom left my room for the 10th time in the past hour asking me to get ready. I am really not interested but if mom gets into my room for the 11th time then I am a dead man. I got up and wore a black shirt and grey pants. I did my hair and was about to leave my room. I heard someone quarrel from a distance.

But that was not the reason my heart skipped a beat. I smelled the most delicious smell in the world. Lavender and fresh lime. I don't know if that together is even a smell but I was. I entered the hallway and saw Cassandra on the floor with a broken nose. Her face disguise me. She keeps on following me like a rat. I couldn't smell that mesmerising smell anymore. I checked all the rooms and finally arrived to the dinning area.

I could smell it the strongest here. "Come join us Derek" I heard my dad but I am too busy looking for the owner of the smell. My wolf is restless. He had been acting the same since morning but I had no idea what was wrong with him.

But I am guessing it has to do with what's happening right now. I scanned the room and met a pain of brown eyes.

"Mate" my wolf growled excited. He tried to take control but I pushed him back. There she was. Long straight hair. Brown eyes and rosey lips. I had been waiting for 21 years of my life for my beautiful mate and here she is.. looking perfect. Ever since I was a kid I dreamt of this day. The first time I would see my mate she will run into my arms and we will have our happily ever after.

But wait.. Why isn't she acknowledging me? That's when I realized she is a human.
I think my eyes flashed red because I could see my mate terrorised. Oh my god! What have I done...

She let out a scream. I tried to get to my mate but I  could see Mark entre the room and was reassuring her.

My wolf was about to attack him when my beta gamma and the guards held me. I could see fear in my mates eyes. My mate is afraid of me? No... This isn't going right...

I want to reassure her I am no danger. But I am held by 15 men. I try to break free. I saw Mark touch my mate's face. I am going to drink his every drop of blood.

I let out a loud growl. That's when my dad came in front of me and asked me to calm down. I found my mate after 21 years of my life and the one person who I hate in the entire world is holding her.
How am I supposed to calm the fuck down?
I growled at my dad. That was when he used his alpha king voice on me and commanded me to obey. I lowered a bit but couldn't control my wolf. My wolf was angry, hurt and sad at the same time.

I saw my dad talk with my mate. And then they dragged me to the silver room.

'Mate.. mate.. mate' was all I could think about. My wolf had shut me off. I was behind the silver bars so maybe he got knocked off.

Then dad decided to enter the cellar
"Are you out of your mind Derek? I told you there would be humans with us today. Do you want to expose us?" Dad was beyond pissed but I couldn't care less.

Mate is human. That's the reason she was afraid. She doesn't know about werewolves. I can still win her. I just have to keep my wolf under control. This is a very difficult job but I even have silver shots every hour for my mate. I smiled

"Have you turned Nuts? Why are you smiling and how dare you growled at me?" the king screamed.

"Mate was here" was all I said
"You found your mate? Who is she? Why didn't you introduce us?" the angry king was replaced by an excited father.

I had calmed a little knowing I can still get on with my mate. She was probably just afraid because she saw the colour of my eyes flicker. And also my claws I guess.

My father asked the guards to open the cage. "Tell me about her." My dad practically yelled/begged.
"She was the one you were talking in the dinning area"

I then explained the entire situation to my dad. And he had long forgiven me for my behavior. Also he was beyond pissed at Mark and my Mum was ready with claws out to dip through his throat. We all cooled down after a family run and then my dad gave me the address of the institute she works at. Tomorrow I am going to visit her. It's going to be the best day of my life.