Chapter 11: She went where?

Derek's POV

I am going to meet my mate today! Last night all I did was dreamt about her. I couldn't believe the fact that I had found her.

I can't wait to have her in my arms.
My beta informed me that her shift starts at 11 pm. I dressed as sophisticated as I could. I don't want to scare her off again. I wore contact lenses that could cover up for the flickering of my eyes.

As I was about to step out my mom caught me. "Where are you headed without breakfast young man?" She was shooting daggers at me.

The only thing that pisses my mom is when dad or I leave without breakfast. Before she could give me a long lecture on the importance of breakfast I decided I better eat. I started hogging my sandwich and mom left giving me an irritated look.

I heard footsteps coming towards me  Here comes the bad omen. Yes, it is the slut, Cassandra. Why can't she leave me alone?

He hugged me from behind.
"Oh, baby you look so hot. Now, before you tell me I know where we are going. You are going to take me shopping and then we can have a perfect lunch date. Oh.. and I know you are about to kill Mark for what he did to me yesterday but baby that can wait." She said trying to seduce me.

No wonder killing Mark is on my to-do but that is because he touched my mate. My mate. God, I already late. I need to hurry up. I pushed Cassandra off me she fell on the floor but I cared less.

I had no time to argue with her. I can't run in my wolf form because I don't want her to see me in shorts.

Also, since she is a human I want to keep my wolf far away from her at least still she warms up. I heard a growl in my mind. Clearly, my wolf is annoyed as I want to keep him away from our mate. But he already messed it yesterday. His blood-red eyes are the reason she was so afraid yesterday. I decided I would drive to the research institute. I reached the destination.

Most of the people working here are humans so they just think I am an investor. Well, a huge investor you can say. 60% of Moondwelt Research Institute belongs to me. We had established this so that we come up with cures and know more about the infection which was killing our kind.

Unfortunately, Mark had 40% shares of the institute. Not that we couldn't afford to fund this meer building but dad dearest wanted to work together.

Her scent was faint. But I could track it to the second floor. The door said 'Biochemistry Lab'  I opened it and walked right in. I couldn't find her anywhere. I looked around and inhaled trying my best to find her sent. I opened a locker and there was an Apron inside.

It had her smell the strongest but yet weak. I looked at the name tag on the apron. It said 'Niya'. Niya is said smiling to myself. Perfect just like her. That's when a man entered. Human as I expected.

"Oh my god aren't you the prince?" he said.
"Yes. And why the hell are you here?" my mate could be anywhere around and why is this man here.

He bowed with respect. "I am sorry prince but I am the head of this laboratory. I work here." He said shaking a little.
"FINE. Do you know where Niya is?"
"Niya has fieldwork today sir but I can surely assist you with anything."

"Where is she?" I almost roared at the man.
"She would be working at the Blood Moon territory for the next week sir. She won't be coming here"

My blood was boiling with anger " Who the hell posted her there?"  I roared.
The man just shut his eyes in fear and didn't reply. "I said who posted her there??"

He finally made some courage and spoke. "She... She chose it herself. She has no idea about anything here and she chose the place randomly.." he stuttered.

I swooped out of the building. Anger overpowering me. I jumped mid-air and transformed into my wolf. My clothes tore apart and fell on the ground. I ran towards the Blood Moon territory.

As I approached the borders I was stopped by an invisible wall. I couldn't enter. I tried all my force to break in but couldn't. Mark you bastard! He had spelled his territory with the help of a witch.

He knew I would come for him. Frustrated I ran back to my pack lands. The entire day I stayed in my wolf form and hunted whatever came into my way.