Chapter 36: The spell.

It's late evening and my heart is throbbing. It's just me and the queen. Nobody knows we are going to perform the spell today. Derek had promised he would support but every since Mark told him that my life could be in danger he is dejected. We have Queen's witch Margaret who would be helping me out with the spell. The moon is almost covered and the eclipse would start any moment.

Margaret has drawn certain figures on the ground and asked me and the queen to stand on either side of Dad's body in designated circles.
Next, we need my blood since it's the closed thing to Dad. I cut my palm and let the blood flow onto his chest.
I took out the page on which I had written the spell. I started chanting it but nothing happened. What's wrong with it?

I looked at the queen she had slit both her palms and Marget was mumbling another spell. It started thundering.
I looked at both of them. I was muddled.
I can't understand what is going on.

"I am sorry Niya, but I couldn't let you do this. It has to be me. The spell requires sacrifice and the sacrifice is the very last drop of blood." She had tears in her eyes.
"Remember, I love you"

"Mom! You can't do this!" I was broke. I can't let her get hurt because of me. Before I could do anything, Marget sealed my hands with her magic. No no no no no... I can't let this happen. My last option was calling on for the ancestors. I prayed to them and asked me to give strength to save our family. The very moment I felt power surge to me.
My hands were free and I knocked Margret. Mom was shocked.

"No!" She yelled.

I started mumbling in a foreign language. It was like I was witnessing the incident but I was not in control. The ancestral magic was overpowering me and I wasn't in control of my body. Dad was back to looking healthy and opened his eyes but I couldn't stop it there. I was destroying everything around me.

I could see mom begging me to stop. But I literally couldn't do anything.

The Royal Queens POV.

I am going to sacrifice myself for my daughter and mate. I don't deserve this life. I wasn't a good mate because I didn't listen to my mate when I was supposed to. I wasn't a good mother because I left Niya to protect my mate. I wasn't a good queen as I kept on letting my anger overpower my every decision. The only reason I am alive was that I thought the royal bloodline ends with me. But this is not the case now, Niya can rule once I am gone.

We are all prepared. Margaret is a very powerful witch and a good friend of mine. She is basically family. She has been with me all these years. Niya started the spell but nothing happened. Poor girl. I already knew the spell wouldn't work because I changed it. I can't let her life in danger once again. She is naïve. She hasn't even practiced magic for a clear month and why does she think I would let her perform such a powerful spell. I closed my eyes and thought about the happy days of my life. My time with my mate, my daughter, my family.

Margaret signaled me and I slit my palms with a silver knife. She began the spell as the eclipse started and the clouds thundered. Niya distracted as her spell wasn't working. She looked at me with a broken heart.
"I am sorry Niya, but I couldn't let you do this. It has to be me. The spell requires sacrifice and the sacrifice is the very last drop of blood."
I said with tears.

"Mom! You can't do this!" She yelled at me. Mom! She finally called me mom. But it's too late my baby. Have a happy life. I closed my eyes.

The thunder stopped and I couldn't feel my blood dripping anymore. I opened my eyes to see Niya with pit black eyes. She called upon the ancestors.
"Nooooo!" I cried
She must have not done this. I could see her body lose control. She started the resurrection spell. Jacob's body was healing. He came out of his desiccated state and woke up. I was teared up. Jacob is alive but Niya has pushed her limits.
Jacob woke up and had his sight on me. The moment he looked at me, he magically held my throat and started narrowing my airways.

"You wolf" he spat angrily.

"Jake, I am your mate!" I said choking.

"No! You are a wolf that killed my daughter. I will kill each and every one of you" he said and squeezed harder.

Niya's POV

I saw dad choking mom. He was trying to kill her. I tried my best to push through and get in control. The ancestral power was taking all over. With the little strength, I had I mumbled one of dad's spells. It was a siphoning spell. That was my last try to stop dad but instead, I was able to take control of my body.

I kept repeating the spell and within seconds I was completely in control. I still had the same power but the force which had taken over me was no more.
As I got into control I screamed.

"Dad! Stop!!" He turned towards me and dropped Mom on the ground. He was in front of me in a flash. His eyes watered.

"You are alive!" He said as he held my face in his palms. My eyes teared up. I nodded vigorously.
He held my hand and teleported us to an abandoned place.

"You are safe here. Nobody will hurt you, sweetheart." He said still shielding me with a hug.

"Sweetheart. I.. I don't get it. She held your heart in her hand" he was perplexed.

"Dad! Where are we? Can we go back please?" I said holding tight onto him. This place is giving me creepy vibes.

"Dad! My magic isn't working here! Can we go back?" I am afraid.

"But the wolves.." he started but I cut him off

"Trust me, dad. Let's get out of here! Please! I beg you!" I clung to him for my life.

He teleported me back to where we came from. The scenario here was different. Mom was crying on Mark's shoulder. Derek was half transformed. But just as we were back he stopped.

"Niya" he cried out loud and sprint towards me.
Dad shielded me and started melting his brain.

"Dad." I broke his concentration which interrupted his spell causing Derek to fall on the ground. I ran towards him and picked him up. Thank God! he isn't hurt much
Mom came towards us and Dad tried killing her again.

"Dad, what's wrong with you? Just leave her!" He dropped her too.

"I don't trust wolves around you." He said.

"Well then! Kill me too because I am a part wolf" I yelled at him and extended my fangs.
He was taken back by the statement.
I turned back normal and went closer to him. He did not attack nor resist me.

"Dad, let me please explain everything."
I took his hand and started walking.

"The witch fooled you with a fake heart. That wasn't mine. Mom had left me by a village and that's where my adoptive brother Shawn found me. I was adopted into a good family but then I moved here for work. And then well, a lot of things happened but the main part is I found Mom  and then she told me about everything and then I kind of kidnapped you and then mom found out she confronted me. We teamed up and broke your sleeping spell." I tried my best to sum it up.

If I would say he was shocked, that would be an understatement