Chapter 34: Family Journal

"Yes you can, but he is in a deep sleep under his own spell" the Queen explained.

"We are teleporting right now," I said glaring at the queen.

"Sweetheart, you shouldn't use so much magic. You..."
I cut her off

"I don't care. Take me or I burn this palace to ashes." I said sternly

'Back me up on this' I mind-linked Mark.

"Your highness please don't let her witch side overpower. She had no control over it" Mark said to the queen.

"Fine." The queen let out a breath.

'You are the best brother in the world' I said to Mark again through our link.

'You better be careful.' he replied and I nodded.

"Niya, You get the stuff and teleported back as quick as possible. The longer you keep using magic, the longer you exhaust." Mark said glaring at me.

"Sir, yes sir" I responded and he slapped a palm on his head.

I took the queen's hand and she imagined a place. We reached it was a white room. We both went further and there was a huge silver trunk with a silver lock on it. We walked further and there was a huge bed. And on the bed, there was a Man. He had brown wavey hair, just like me. His bones were showing off and his skin was pale. He had blue eyebags under his eyes.

"Dad"
I said as I approached the man.
I swear I felt a finger move.

"He has been like this ever since that day," the queen said. "This silver trunk has all his research and spellbooks. You can teleport this with us back to the palace."

I closed my eyes and teleported back the queen, silver trunk, and myself. There was another thing I teleported but I had made it invisible.

"I.. I feel giddy" I said as soon as we got back. Well, I lied. Derek immediately got by my side.

"Get your hands off my sister" Mark roared.

"A mate's touch helps you heal. Let him be by her side, Mark. She will heal faster."
The queen said and left the room with Mark and Ron following her.

"Der, can we go to your room?" I looked at him.

"Of course baby"

"Can you please command everyone in the palace to not even pass through my room? You know it has my dad's stuff."
I said with sadness filled in my eyes.
Obviously, I am going to create a barrier around the room but I just want to take extra precautions.

We both walked out of the room and I set up the barrier spell. Only I would be able to walk inside the room nobody else. I took one last look at the room.

"What are you staring at baby?" Derek asked.

"Nothing," I said and locked the door.

***********************************************************

The next morning I woke up before the first ray of sun. Derek was in deep sleep. I just can't hate him even though I try my best. He promised me he is no threat to Ron. I pulled my hair into a bun and splashed water on my face.

I went to my room and unlocked the door. I looked at my bed and sighed.

I went to the trunk. I held the silver lock and pulled it out. Silver does sting but doesn't burn. Derek literally over-exaggerated the pain. I lifted the huge lid and opened the trunk.

It had many files and books. One of the books caught my attention. "The family Journal"
I opened the book and started reading.

'Greetings to whichever generation of heir holding this book. If you have picked 'The Family Journal' you must have recently discovered your powers and have a lot of questions about your legacy. I am Anthoney Grégoire Carrington. The Carrington family is the most powerful bloodline of witches. Whenever a child is born in our bloodline, the child inherits a part of magic but what makes them stronger are their ancestors. When a person in the family dies, his powers will be transferred to the next generation.'

I turned to the next page. There were entries from various members. I flipped the pages and kept on reading. After completing the journal, I went through the research papers. Dad was testing resistance to Silver and Aconitum to werewolves. He has been trying to trigger a mutation that would increase the resistance. Do I have that mutation? Maybe, because everyone is susceptible to silver and Aconitum. Me on the other hand, I am quite immune.

The last thing in the trunk was a giant spellbook. It was Dad's. I started exploring it. This book literally has so many new things. The book that Diana gave me doesn't even have 1 percent spells compared to it.

My main objective is to find the sleep spell and reverse it. It was written on the last page. This spell requires a very powerful source natural source of energy to trigger.

"Niya? Are you in there?" I heard Derek screaming my name on the top of his voice. I teleported back into his room.

"What it is Derek? Why are you howling?"

He engulfed me into a hug. "Thank god you are safe" he mumbled.
I broke apart from the hug.

"Why were you looking for me?" I asked.

"Because you are my mate and I was worried for you. You weren't in bed this morning. Where were you?" He said giving me a pointed look.

"I am not obligated to answer you. So if you could excuse me, I have work to do."
I started walking away from him.
He took my hand and pulled me closer.

"I am your mate and I do deserve an explanation." He resisted.

"You should have thought about this before you blamed me for manipulating magic" I growled.

"I thought we were over it?" His exhaled

"What do you think of me? You keep on hurting me and I am just supposed to get over it?"
He had no words. I walked out. I spent my day reading Dad's spellbook in my room. I was so engrossed I skipped breakfast and lunch. It was late night.

'Baby I know you are mad at me but please have dinner. I am sorry. Tell me what can I do to make you feel better?'
Derek said through our link.
I blocked him and went back to my reading

After approximately two hours I heard Ron outside my room.

"Mom.. mom"
What is he doing here? I stepped out of the room and found Ron and Derek standing outside. Derek had a big tray in his hands. It had a delicious meal perfectly decorating the tray. It smelled heaven. They both were wearing cooking aprons and had stains over it. Looks like there had been a lot of cooking.

"What is it with you two? And why are you two together?" I narrowed my eyes.

Ron took off the lid from the tray "Tada!" He exclaimed.

"Meet the chef. The Alpha king and the most powerful gamma" Ron voiced.

"You both made this together?"
I looked between them.

"I thought if I couldn't keep my mate happy at least I could make her taste buds happy," Derek said in a low tone.
"Here try it" Ron took the tray and Derek fed me a bite

"Eemmmmmeee yummy!!!" I moaned.

"The Alpha helped too. He isn't that bad mom." Ron added.

"I never said he was bad."

We then got back to the dinning table and started our dinner.

"To friendship!" Ron toasted his glass and Derek returned the gesture.

Well, this is great. They both are cool with each other. I have nothing to worry about. We then had dinner together and went to sleep. Ron stayed the night as Derek insisted him to crash in the guest room.