12

She had lived through lonely nights and her days were filled with gloom. She hated the fact that she couldn't see her Twin until after a few days and in his worlds, few days could amount to weeks and in rare cases, a month. She groaned as she sat down on the bed. After her night rituals, she found today even more strange. She knew that she had been sick since the last time  Hassan left to Abuja, which was after he had come back from the last trip the whole family had seen Hussain.

It was rather funny to her, if being asked. How can a grown man runaway from home just because the talks about his marriage had arise? Well, maybe that wasn't the right word for it, but he basically ran away from home. After the last day Hajia told him she had given him a month to bring home the woman he wanted as his wife or she'd talk to Mufeeda's father herself, it had been six months now and none of them saw him in Nigeria again.

The first two months were worse, because no one could even reach him on the phone until Hassan found one of his colleague and he practically begged him before he put back his line and they could communicate with him. Hajia hadn't spoken to him about the marriage again, but they all knew she was waiting for him to be back home. It was a trap, because they all knew he wouldn't go back to his workplace without a wife. It can either be Mufeeda or anyone he wanted. But one thing was certain, he wouldn't leave without a wife.

She stood up feeling a bit dizzy, she knew Hassan had been pestering her to go to the hospital but she didn't, but tonight, she was feeling so sick that she definitely had to go to the hospital. She trudged to Hajia's chamber, feeling as though she was being suffocated. She couldn't even reach the chamber when she stopped by and vomited the little dinner she was able to take. She knocked on the door and it took a few minutes before Hajia walked lazily to see who it was, for Sohila had gone to one of their Uncle's house for a sleepover with her cousins.

Nadia slumped on Hajia's body, "I think I'm sick, Hajia." She managed to utter, feeling as her whole body deteriorated. Hajia frantically held her close to her body and managed to get them to the living room. She sat down beside her, her heart pounding in her chest. "What's wrong, Nadia? I knew you looked sick tonight but I thought it was a normal moodiness. How are you feeling?"

Nadia was about to reply her although painfully when Hajia stood up, "Wait, we're going to the hospital. I'll be back in the minute." It was a struggle helping Nadia to the car but she did it, and she drove out of the house to K-Dara hospital. She was admitted urgently into the hospital and as Hajia stood at the reception waiting for the doctor to come out, she dialed Hassan's number.

His voice was muffled with sleep when he answered, "Hajia, I hope everything is alright?" They had spoken few hours ago, and he knew nothing would make Hajia to call him unless something seriously went wrong.

"Nadia is sick, I don't know what's wrong with her but she's with the doctor right now. From all indications she's going to be admitted. You can't help, I know, but I'm too scared not to call you at this hour." Since the day she lost their father, she had this fear of seeing her loved one in the hospital. Because the last time she saw him was on his deathbed.

Hassan didn't know when he jerked up on the bed, "Subhanallah, Hajia is she alright? I mean, will she be fine and what did the doctor said is wrong with her please?" He was moving frantically in the room and Hajia had to close her eyes to calm herself down.

"Calm down, Hassan. She's fine, okay? I don't what's wrong yet but I'm certain it's not something serious. She'll be fine, I shouldn't have called you until morning." They spoke for a few minutes and it was her trying to assure him that she'd be fine and if something happened she would call him immediately.

She stayed that way after she had sent Sohila a message that she should come to K-dara early tomorrow they have been admitted with Nadia. Shortly after, Dr Dara came out with a smile on his face, she immediately stood up, "What's wrong with her, Dr?"