07

She had been prancing around in the kitchen and she looked at Hajia before she spoke, "Hajia, do you think this would go? I've never tried using it before." She was turning a bottle of spice in her hand and Hajia moved forward to inspect it. She collected the spice in her hand and looked into the bubbling pot.

"I don't think you can use it, Nadia. Hussain hates the taste of it," Hajia answered before she placed the bottle back into the drawer, and Nadia nodded her head with a smile before she turned to her.

"Hajia, you said Hussain, does this mean Twin is coming back for the walima too?" She asked, enthusiastically and Hajia squeezed her ear in her hand. Nadia yelped before she laughed shyly.

"You aren't shy of asking me about your dear husband? Oh my god, Nadia. During our days, we can't even look at our husband's when our mother inlaws are in sight." Nadia laughed before she whined with a smile on her lips.

"But Hajia, you're my mother too, right?" Hajia smiled lovingly and she moved into the kitchen, inspecting the works of the maids.

"They said nothing about coming back, but I know they would. Sohila would be sad if they don't, they can't make her sad delibrately." Nadia nodded, just when Sohila walked into the kitchen. She yawned before she hugged Nadia.

"Good morning, Aunt Nadia. Have you called First H today? I called their numbers but they aren't going through." She made a face before she pinched Sohila's face.

"I haven't called him today, Sohila. It's too early for a phone call now. But I'll call him the moment I'm done with this kitchen," Nadia promised with a smile and Sohila reciprocated before she moved into the kitchen, nibbling on the snacks before she made her way towards Hajia.

She hugged Hajia from behind and smiled at herself, it felt good being a graduate. She had missed her friends, but the joyful part of it outweighed the sorrow. The handsome H's didn't make it to the graduation ceremony that held place in Ulul Albab, and she would give them a medicine of their own when they came back. She was hurt a bit yesterday, but Hajia's presence and a lot of their relative's made it seem nothing. Nadia too, she felt as if it was First H that was there.

"I'm done with this, Hajia. I'll go to my room now." Nadia excused herself and Hajia thanked her on her way out. She knew Hassan would come back may be today, but some part of her heart told her he wouldn't. They spoke yesterday and he didn't tell her he was coming back. She brewed in anticipation.

She bathed herself and by the time she was getting reading, some of the invited guests had already started arriving. It was an evening luncheon, but the guests were there before the evening came. It felt like a wedding. An enormous wedding.

Nadia clad herself in an ankara that fitted her body and brought out her curves. She had a small makeup on her face and didn't complied when Sohila begged her to let the makeup artist that came to doll her face. She knew she would be busy and exhausted, having a painted face would only add more exhaustion.

Nadia had never thought the Alkali family were that much until today. She saw nearly to a thousand numbers of them. It was huge and confusing sometimes. What she noticed about them was, they were mostly tall. Mostly the men. It was the females that she saw the meduim sized, but the men, oh the men, they remembered her of her twin.

She had served more relatives than she cared to count. She was sure some were there without an invitation from Hajia, and she had to smile and duck her head shyly whenever someone made a comment about her being Hassan's wife. She had been straining her head, with the hope of seeing Hassan walking through the crowd. She had noticed one of their cousins sticking to Sohila's side and if she could, the blush on her cheeks could paint the evening sky.