Freak Show

An: British Akaashi ✋

Keiji Akaashi was a well known freak show attraction. He was known for his beauty and siren like voice. But that wasn't what made him a so called 'freak'. What made him a freak was ability to fold and bend in ways he shouldn't. Some speculated if the serpent was a witch. Or that he was cursed as a child.
But even with that theory people still came to watch his act. His act was called The Raven Serpent. And it drew in more and more customers. Allowing the Nekoma circus to grow in numbers.
One night while performing the raven locked eyes with a member in attendance. A young invester named Kōtarō Bokuto. They held the eye contact till Keiji summoned off stage as the next act went on. The male gave a wave to the crowd then folded his legs on his shoudlers. And left walking on his hands once behind the curtain he laid his feet into backbend. And pushed himself up with his hands.
" absolutely wonderful! " the ring leader Kuroo Testuro coming up to the serpent giving him a small hug.
" thank you Kuroo-san" Keiji smiled returning the hug. He let go of his friend and ran back to sidelines. Watching his friend Kenma. The pudding haired male was a fire swallower. And one that knew how to control the crowd and entrance them.
Keiji watched in awe as the fire spread through the air in a fan. Kenma was then lighting himself on fire shocking the crowd. The raven clapping along with the crowd as his friend stood unharmed by the fire.
Kōtarō wasn't looking at the flaming male his eyes drawn to the raven beauty off to the side. He wasn't even paying attention when the raven waves at him catching his stare. He blinked just in time to see him get pulled back behind the curtain.
As soon as the show ended Kōtarō raced to beat the rush of kids. He needed to get the ravne's name. He'd only known him as the serpent. So he was determined to know him as a normal human. And not some freak show.
" woah there buster " Testuro stopping the man.
" I can't allow you back here" he smiled trying to lead him away.
" no wait- "
" I invited him back " the serpent told the ring leader. At first he wasn't sure but he allowed the male back. Keiji leading the owl like man through the circus tent.
" I saw you stare while I watched my friend " the younger taking him to his dressing room. The raven sitting down at his vanity to touch up his makeup.
" I'm sorry- I didn't mean to stare at you-" the owl groaned face palming. Keiji giggling at his nervous body language.
" I'm used to the staring. But why'd you come back here? " he hummed looking at male. Scanning him up and down.
" I wanted to talk with you about. Your flexibility-"
" what's the news on how I'm flexible? " Keiji asked crossing his legs. Leaning his arm on his knee and resting his head in his hand.
" you sold your soul to the devil " Kōtarō fumbled to speak.
" then I've sold my soul" the raven scoffed standing up. He walked a circle around the owl.
" did you really-"
" of course not! I've been doing this since I was three. But people can't comprehend it so they make up lies. To make sense of the unknown " he walked up to Kōtarō.
" you wanna test how flexible I am? " the raven hummed bringing the older close. Kōtarō's face heating up thinking he was about to score some freak show ass.
" of course" he closed his eyes leaning in.
" then come on! " Keiji took hold of his hand running back to the ring. Was cleared out perfect to be alone. Kōtarō stood in the ring feeling like an idiot for thinking that's where thinks were going.
" well " the raven's voice coming from behind him. He turned around finding Keiji standing on his hands. his feet touching the top of his head. A smile spreading from ear to ear on the raven. Kōtarō jumped at first but laughed along with Keiji. The raven flipped his legs to the ground coming up to a standing position.
" I've been working on something. Ya wanna see it? " he asked excitement on his voice as he ran to grab a rope.
" of course " Kōtarō smiled at the serpent. Keiji giving a tug on the rope being pulled through the air. The older stared up at the raven who walked along the rafters of the tent. Grabbing the hoop attached to the rope he positioned himself on. Folding himself over the bar and dropping from the sky.
The owl gave a gasp running to catch him just in case. Keiji laughed a little then swung to be hanging by the bend of his knees pulling himself into a circle around the hoop. He came face to face with Kōtarō giving a sly expression.
" I never caught your name" the serpent hummed stepping down from the hoop. Wrapping an arm around it keeping it close.
" Bokuto Kōtarō " the owl stated with a hint of a nervous tone.
" Well Bokuto-san" Keiji took hold of his new friends hand.
" Akaashi Keiji is the name to my face " then with a tug both of them were in the air making circles around the tent. Kōtarō hanging onto the serpent for dear life. Keiji pulled him letting the owl take hold of the hoop.
" I've never had a true friend before " the raven stated breaking the owl's heart.
" so I trust you " he smiled.
" to not let me fall " Keiji let go of the hoop falling towards the ground. The older panicking and trying to grab hold of the raven. Their hands barley touching before Keiji was caught by another rope and pulled away. Pulling the hoop with Kōtarō hanging on it with him.
The two stood on the rafters watching the elephants practice for the next day. Keiji gripping hold of the owl's hand. Fearing that if he let go he'd loose his only friend who saw him as not another freak. Or someone they simply worked with.
" I should be going. It's getting late" Kōtarō looked towards the smaller.
" then lets get you down and on your way home" Keiji hummed leading him to a ladder. Allowing the owl to go down first before he followed him down.
" will see each other again? " he asked leading him to the exit.
" of course! We're friends right? So I will come back " The owl hummed hugging Keiji goodbye. Once he let go the serpent cupped his face planting a soft kiss to his leaps.
" goodbye Bokuto-san " then he walked away into the tent. Leaving his owl confused as he walked down the cobblestone streets.

An: next is ' Keeping my feelings hidden ' angst