Chapter 3-Making New Friends

Kendall's POV

I walk into school with a more confident attitude. I decided that I am not going to listen to the rude comments from other students and hopefully I will find someone that is friendly towards me. That's all I care about right now other than focusing on school work.

My first class period is much like it was yesterday but my second period was better. We had to partner up with people and just when I thought I would never find someone to work with me and that I would be doing this activity alone, a girl speaks up that I hadn't noticed before and says she will be my partner. I smile at her and she smiles back. Finally someone that is nice for a change. We make our way over to each other and begin our introduction.

"I know you are new here but I never got your name?" She questions.

"Oh! My name is Kendall! What's yours?" I say in return.

"My name is Julie." She replies. After our intros, we start to get busy on our activity.

Class flew by quickly and soon enough the bell was ringing for lunch. Julie asked me if I wanted to sit with her and another friend at lunch and I was ecstatic. I said yes probably a bit too eagerly.

"Sarah, this is Kendall. She's new here and I invited her to eat lunch with us." Julie says as she introduces me.

"Hi Kendall. Where did you move from?" She questions.

I spend the whole lunch telling them all about myself and also asking questions about them. They are both very sweet and I am so thrilled to finally have friends.

The rest of the day goes by quickly and uneventfully, but just as the bell rings for dismissal I get up excitedly to go home to tell my mom all about my friendships I made, and that's when a girl trips me and I fall flat on my face. My nose and lip are bloodied and I am absolutely mortified. I look up through teary eyes to look at my assailant, hoping this was all just an accident but what she says confirms it was just the opposite.

"Watch where you are going bitch!!" She yells in my face before throwing my things at me and walking away laughing with her friends.

Well I almost had a great day. I get up and head to the bathroom to clean myself up. After finishing, I am finally able to leave to head home when I notice Anthony is staring at me from across the school yard. It felt like his gaze was looking through my soul. It was intense. As I got a little closer to him his face changed. Was that pity that I saw? Probably because my face looks awful. His face then turns back to a scowl and he turns to walk away. That was weird.

After I make it home I text my new friends to tell them what happened. So glad we exchanged numbers. They told me that all was going to be ok and the hype that surrounds being a new kid will wear off eventually and I will mesh right in with everyone else. Boy I hope that is sooner rather than later. Not sure how much longer I can deal with all the negative attention.

The next day was a little less eventful. Other than some guy spilling his drink all over my shirt. I had to borrow a shirt from Sarah and although it was tighter and lower cut than I was used to wearing I was thankful to have something else to wear.

As I was walking down the hall towards my next class I saw Anthony from down the hallway. His eyes locked on me again. He didn't break eye contact until someone started talking to him. He smiled at them and that was the first time I had seen him smile since I had been here. I would pay money to see him smile like that at me. Wait. What am I saying? He's cocky and rude. But something draws me to him. Like a magnetic force. Maybe it's the fact that he reminds me so much of Seth? I am not sure. But something tells me there is a strange connection between us. I mean could he really be Seth? Would he lie to me? I think I am officially losing it.