Chapter 10-Torn Between Them

Kendall's POV

I can't believe that just happened. Now I am currently in Trigonometry and I can't even focus at all. All I can think about is Anthony. And Jordan. What am I going to do? I still really care about Jordan. But I feel some type of attraction to Anthony and I just don't understand it. I need to figure it out. But I don't know how to tell Jordan or even if I should tell him? I am majorly conflicted. Suddenly I get a text. Who could this be during school?

Can you send me your address? I can pick you up at your house? ☺️ From unknown contact

How the hell did Anthony already get my phone number?? Julie!!! She had to have given it to him. I have to yell at her later. I hurry up and text back quickly.

Sounds good. I will text you my address later ;)

I respond quickly so I don't get caught texting in class. The rest of the day goes by in a flash and I catch Anthony giving me a few smirks in the hallways when I see him. I can also feel his gaze when I am not looking. This time it's not the normal glare though.

When I get home, I call the girls instantly to talk to them about everything. I kept it very minimal at lunch I told them I would go into greater detail later. I didn't want any listening ears to spread rumors.

"Girls, I feel horribly guilty. I just don't know about this. I should cancel right?" I ask.

"No!! Are you crazy? Just listen. Just go on one date. Don't tell Jordan anything yet. Wait and see how this date goes. If it doesn't go well, then no harm done. Don't even tell Jordan and just go back to the way things were. But if it goes well, then you need to be honest with Jordan and just tell him you have feelings for someone else too." Julie says.

Ugh. This really sucks. I really like Jordan. But when I am near Anthony I feel a strong connection to him and I just can't ignore it. It's so hard but I know Julie is right.

"Ok. You're right. That's what I will do. Thank you girls for all of your advice as always. Not sure what I would do with out you two." I tell them sincerely.

The rest of the week flies by and by the time school ends on Friday and I get home, I am feeling very nervous. The girls come over and help me get ready for the date and then leave me to sit and internally freak out until Anthony gets here. My mom isn't here to talk to either. She had to work late tonight. I still just feel so guilty and wrong going on this date. My thoughts are suddenly interrupted by the phone ringing. Oh no it's Jordan.

"Hey!" I answer probably at little too eagerly.

"Hey, what are you doing?" He asks.

"Oh nothing. What are you doing?" I ask in return.

"Nothing. Why haven't you been calling me lately?"

He asks. Oh gosh. I hate not being honest with him.

"I am sorry. I have just been busy lately. I miss you." It's true. Jordan has always been one of my best friends.

"I love you." He says and I almost have a heart attack.

He has never said that before to me. Do I love him? I mean I do care for him but do I love him?

"What?" I ask in complete shock.

"I love you. I have been wanting to say it for a while now. You don't have to say it back." He says.

"Ok. Thank you. I mean I care about you so much." I say unsure of what to say.

"Well I guess I will talk to you later." He says his voice laced with sadness.

"Yeah. I will call you tomorrow." I tell him as we hang up.

Now my heart feels like it just broke into a million pieces. I really should cancel this date. The sudden ring of the door bell breaks me from my thoughts and causes my heart rate to increase. Shit. Now I have to go down there and tell AnthonyI am not going on this date with him. I guess I am going to upset two guys tonight. Ugh. I rapidly head down the steps and open the front door.

The sight in front of me takes my breath away. Anthony is standing there with a beautiful bouquet of flowers, with the best smile on his face. And he looks....hot. I shamelessly check him out and he catches me and instantly gives me a smirk. My face turns pink from embarrassment.

"Like what you see?" He asks knowing that will turn my face even redder which it does. I give him a nice slap on the arm and he just laughs.

"Are you ready to go?" He asks. I shake my head yes and before I know it we are heading out down the road in his car. As we ride, I realize that I was going to cancel this date until he came to the door and distracted me with his good lucks. Damnit he is good.

It's not long before we arrive at our first stop. It's a really nice restaurant. We head inside and order before we begin to talk. I want to know more about him. He intrigues me.

"So, tell me about your family?" I ask. He looks at me wide eyed.

Ok that was odd.

"My family...well Umm...I have a brother that is older and doesn't live at home anymore. My dad is in the military and is gone all the time and my mom doesn't work. She stays at home with me. We have moved around a lot my entire life. Once I graduate though, I think she and my dad will move away to be closer to my grandparents. I plan to go to college in Texas so I won't exactly be home much." He answers.

My heart hurts a little when he says he is moving so far away after graduation. But wait...why do I care??

"So what about you??" He asks breaking me from my thoughts.

"I am an only child and my dad passed away about 10 months ago. It was really hard. My mom had always stayed at home, so she had to get a job thus is why we moved here. Better job opportunities and plus I think she wanted to move away from the town that will constantly remind her of my dad." I explain.

He just silently shakes his head in understanding.

"I am so sorry. I know...I mean I am sure he was a great man." He says kindly.

"Thank you. It's been hard but it's getting a little easier. I just don't want to leave my mom. She is all alone." I tell him honestly.

We spend more time getting to know each other throughout our meal and then he takes me on adventures. He takes me sight seeing at places I had never been since being here, then he takes me to a roller skating rink which was a blast. We laugh hysterically at one another when we fall. We then end up at the drive in movie where we watch one of my favorite movies. After the movie, he drives me home.

As we pull into the driveway, I say to him, "I want to say thank you for tonight. I really had a lot of fun I have to admit." I tell him shyly.

I really did have so much fun. I probably haven't had this much fun since I was a kid and Seth and I went on adventures. He really reminds me of him.

As if he can tell I am having an internal conversation, he asks "What are you thinking about?" I don't know why I feel so comfortable around him but I do.

It's like I have known him my whole life. "It's just that you remind me of someone. My best friend from childhood. I miss him so much. When he left, it broke my heart. It took me a long time to get over it." I tell him honestly.

I don't think I will ever be completely over it. Anthony then does something completely and totally unexpected. He moves in and devours my lips in a very heated kiss.