Chapter 6-Weekend with Jordan

Kendall's POV

The next month of school flies by. I can't believe it's almost Halloween! I have continued to develop a friendship with Sarah and Julie. We spend time outside of school together, shopping, watching movies, and hanging out. I miss Jordan though. We try to talk as much as we can although with school, and his sports it makes it really hard to keep up with one another. We haven't seen each other in 2 months. He is going to come up to see me this weekend and I can't wait!! The girls and I decide to go shop for an outfit for me to wear and some Halloween costumes as well! There is a Halloween party we are going to go to next weekend and we are all looking forward to it.

As we shop around the numerous stores, I try on about 100 outfits. Everything is either way too tight or way too revealing. The girls are trying to get me to step out of my comfort zone and try something different. I am really trying but I refuse to compromise on some things. I decide I am trying on one more outfit and if I don't like it I am not getting anything new. I will just wear something I already have. The girls pick a sundress that's actually really cute. At least it looks cute on the hanger. We will see about what it looks like on me. I step back into the fitting room for the millionth time today and after slipping into the dress I close my eyes before turning around to look at myself in the mirror. I send up a quick silent prayer for this one to finally be the one. As I open my eyes, I am pleasantly surprised and relieved. It hugs my body in the right places, it's not too revealing, and it fits me nicely. We finally have a winner! After I show the girls we are all in agreement that this is the dress for my date with Jordan.

As soon as the weekend is here I am so excited to see Jordan I can't wait!! I run home after school to find Jordan talking with my mom on the couch. He decided to skip school today to make the long drive to see me! That way we have all evening and then all day tomorrow before he has to go back home on Sunday.

I run and jump in his arms as he gives me a very sweet and gentle kiss.

"I have missed you." He says smiling fondly at me.

"Same." I say smiling a little shyly.

As weird as it is I feel a little awkward around him suddenly. I guess it's just where we haven't seen each other in so long. At least not in person. I brush the feeling off as we all sit down and catch up for a bit.

Before long, Jordan and I head out to go to dinner and a movie. During dinner we catch up with one another. We talk about old memories and laugh at each other's stories. Then we head to the movies and we didn't watch about half of the movie. We were too busy making out in the back of the theater. Some dumb guys right behind us kept making stupid comments and cracking perverted jokes. So immature. As the closing credits roll on the screen and the lights begin to grow brighter, we get up and turn around to start heading out of the theater when I am met with those blue eyes that I have come to know so well and just can't seem to escape. It was none other than Anthony along with his buddies. They were the ones right behind us in the theater making comments. I look to him wide eyed knowing I have been caught and may never hear the end of the teasing from these jocks, but the look I get back from him is not his normal cocky smirk. It was a look of pure anger. Why the hell is he angry? He looks over to Jordan sizing him up. Jordan is nowhere near as tall and built as Anthony so Anthony looks down to him. Jordan looks back and forth between us with confusion. The uncomfortable silence is killing me, so I decide to speak up.

"Jordan, these are some guys from my school. Guys this is Jordan, my boyfriend." I tell them.

Not that I owe them any explanations but standing here staring at one another was just too weird. At the mention of Jordan being my boyfriend I notice Anthony clench his teeth and make a fist with his hand. Seriously what the hell is the matter with him? One of his other buddies decides to chime in after I introduce Jordan.

"Damn Kendall you like getting freaky in the theater huh?" He asks.

I turn 10 shades of red. Jordan tries to speak up I am sure to defend me but I cut him off. It would be 3 against 1. Hardly a fair fight especially considering all of them are so much bigger than Jordan.

"Boys, have a nice rest of your weekend." I say quickly before pulling Jordan's arm to get us out of there as fast as possible.

Once we are in Jordan's car and on the way back to house he starts questioning me. Here we go. Ugh.

"Who were those guys back there?" He asks calmly.

One thing about Jordan is he isn't much of a shouter so I like that. He doesn't get hotheaded very easily. But I can tell he is irritated. Maybe even a little jealous.

"They go to my school. I don't know them very well. They are immature and dumb. I ignore them." I tell him honestly.

"Well the one big guy in the middle seemed really pissed off to see me with you. Is there something going on between you two?" He asks his voice
laced with hurt.

Oh no. He couldn't be more wrong. I mean Anthony is hot as hell but he is an asshole. I would never go for him.

"You couldn't be more wrong. He has treated me like shit since I got here. He glares at me when I walk past him in the hallway, he makes rude comments and just is an absolute complete jerk. I have zero interest in him." I reply.

He seems a bit more relaxed at my response. We pull into my driveway and he puts the car in park and he turns to face me.

"Kendall, I really miss you. I know this is super hard us being apart. I still want to try to make it work but if you don't just please tell me. I don't want to make it harder if we prolong the inevitable. I am not sure if you still want to do this or not but I still want to." He says to me sincerely as he grabs my hand.

"Jordan, I still want that too. Nothing has changed. I still want to be with you I promise." I respond to him.

He smiles back at me sweetly. He gives me a sweet peck and we both head back into the house together.

The rest of the weekend flies by of course and we are back to school before I know it. I miss Jordan already. He was my comfort and source of familiarity that I longed for and missed. Although Julie and Sarah are great friends and I enjoy hanging out with them, I still miss my old life a lot. It was nice being in a school where everybody knew me and I had lots of friends. I stop at my locker after entering school and soon Julie and Sarah meet me to chat before we start our day. As we talk, I am interrupted by a guy clearing his voice from behind me. I look at the shocked facial expressions of my friends in front of me and know that whoever is behind me is not someone that normally talks to us. I turn around to see it's none other than Anthony Taylor standing there looking back at me with a half smirk. I don't like the looks of his expression at all. What is he up to?