Chapter 23- It's All Over Finally

Seth's POV

We speed down the road and the man starts asking questions.

"What were you doing there?" He asks.

"I was kidnapped. They left yesterday and haven't returned. You just saved my life. I would have died had I stayed in there another day." I tell him breathlessly.

"Why did you come in there?" I ask him.

"Well I am a real estate agent and someone was interested in buying that piece of property to renovate. I came to check things out before they came to meet me." He tells me.

I groan a little bit in pain.

"I am going to stop to get you something to eat and drink." He says.

"That's fine. But please make it a drive thru. I need to get home to my girl. She's probably worried sick." I tell him.

He smiles knowingly and nods his head as we pull into a McDonald's.

Kendall's POV

I haven't hardly slept since Friday night when we got the call from Seth. Yesterday we gave them his father's location and we haven't heard a word since from anybody. We are both sick with worry but I haven't left Seth's mom's sight. It's now Sunday afternoon and I am trying to hold it together for her. But if we don't hear something soon, I am going to have to go home. My mom isn't going to let me stay over at anyone's house even if she thinks I am still at a friends house on a school night. I try to make small talk with her but it's so hard to keep our brains distracted from our overbearing thoughts. Neither of us have eaten, so I make us some grilled cheese sandwiches and I try to get her to eat with me. We both pick at our food while our frantic thoughts consume us.

Seth's POV

My rescuer is nice enough to drive me all the way home. I offer to pay him money for his troubles but he refuses. As we pull into the driveway, another strange car pulls in just ahead of us and I tense in fear that it's the Russian men that kidnapped me. Once I see who gets out though, a sense of overwhelming relief hits me as well as a feeling of euphoria. I see my father standing there looking back at the vehicle I pulled up in. I step out quickly showing him it's me. He originally tenses and even goes to reach for his firearm before realizing it's me. We give each other a bear hug as we breathe sighs of relief for probably the first time in the last 48 hrs.

"It's all over son." He says to me and I lose it in his embrace.

My savior steps out of his car and I introduce him to my father and ask him to please come inside with us. My dad and I walk up to the door with our arms locked around each other with my guardian angel in tow behind us. We ring the doorbell and pause while we wait for the them to open the door. It's a matter of seconds before my mom swings the door open and embraces us both in hugs as she kisses my cheeks repeatedly and then grabs my father holding him close to her kissing him like her life depended on it. Normally that would gross me out but with the circumstances being what they are, I don't even care. I am glad they are happy. I look away from them to see my beautiful girl staring back at me with tears in her eyes and a completely grief stricken face. I run to her and pick her up into my arms hugging her and kissing her like never before.

"I thought I would never see you again!" She sobs.

"I will always come back to you. I love you so much." I tell her.

And I do. She is everything to me. I kiss her passionately until we hear my parents clear their throats behind us and we stop our mini make out session to look at them.

"Kendall?!" My dad says clearly in shock at who he is seeing.

"Yes Mr. Tarantino. It's so good to see you again." She says. She is so amazing and beautiful.

We all sit down together and I introduce them to my savior and everyone thanks him repeatedly for rescuing me. Then dad tells us the story of what happened. Apparently the Russians came to him but were still too stupid to get him. They came in and shot him repeatedly in the chest before running from the house and attempting to flee. Of course dad was wearing a bulletproof vest and was fine. He isn't dumb. If they hadn't gone for the chest though it might have been a different story. The Feds caught up to them at the airport and arrested all of them and gave them a fake plea deal to get them to rat each other out. It worked and they gained enough evidence to put all of them away for life. They also get intel on some other Russian guys that they are on their way to surprise and bust. Dad tells us he has retired and is done. Now that all of this is over, he just wants to be home with his family for the remainders of his years. My mom is beyond happy and relieved to hear all this. This is probably the happiest I have seen her in years. She tells us about how much Kendall helped her to get through this and that she was smart enough to realize something was wrong right away. That's my girl. I have honestly never felt as relieved as I am right now. My mind is at peace for the first time in years. Everything is perfect.