Chapter 9- Rachel Was Always My Favorite

Kendall's POV

I wake up with a throbbing headache. Is this what they call a hangover? No wonder people complain about them. I look over to see the girls are still passed out. Yeah I am not a fan of drinking just yet. I gently wake them up and we all head downstairs to find the cure for a hangover. We each get some Tylenol and water, and I make us a nice breakfast. By the time we finish eating, we are all starting to feel a lot better. We start talking about the events of last night.

"I can't believe that jerk Dylan tried to pull that crap with you! Drunk or not it wasn't cool." Julie says as Sarah agrees with her.

"I guess I should have expected something like that. He thinks I am easy or something just because he saw me making out with Jordan. I should have never done that in a public place. That wasn't like me. I just missed Jordan so much." I tell them.

After a few moments of silence Sarah asks a question.

"Have you and Jordan....you know?" She trails off and Julie perks up at that question.

"Actually no we haven't. We have done other things but not that yet. I am just not ready. What about you guys?" I ask taking the attention off of me.

They both shake their head no in unison. Glad to know we all have that in common.

"Anthony sure was protective of you though." Julie states with a smirk.

"He just confuses me so badly. He has these small moments of kindness and then he has this cockiness/arrogance about him. His mood swings are terrible. Plus he has a girlfriend so I have no clue why he has any interest in my life anyway?!" I tell them honestly.

"Sometimes crushes are hard and you can have a lot of complex emotions." Sarah adds.

"Crush?" I laugh out loud. "He doesn't have a crush on me." I say in disbelief.

"I think you must be blind." Julie says.

"What do you mean?" I ask honestly.

"Well the way he looks at you. He has never looked at a girl that way before. Not even Cassie. And he flirted with you blatantly in front of everyone in the school knowing it would get back to Cassie." Julie reasons.

My heart flutters a little during her explanation. Why? I am not interested in Anthony and I have Jordan. Why do I care what he thinks? I think for a moment before answering.

"I just don't see it, I am sorry. You guys told me to stay away from him and I have tried. He keeps coming around. But now I have to at least thank him for keeping Dylan in check during the party last night." Ugh.

I hate having to apologize. It's just something I am not good at. Not that I don't feel sorry when I make mistakes, it's just hard for me to apologize. I feel awkward and never know what to say. I talk to the girls a little more about it and they give me some ideas. We spend the rest of the day hanging out before having to get ready to go to school tomorrow and face Anthony.

As I walk into the building, I immediately begin scanning the room for Anthony. I want to get this whole apology over with. I look over to Cassie's locker which I normally see them both standing at every morning but I don't see either of them. Are they not here today? That's odd not to see them together. I begin looking around the hallways until I find Anthony standing with some of his buddies. I see Dylan and I notice he has a black eye?? How did that happen. He looks at me and immediately looks away and walks off. Great. Now that's going to be one more awkward thing to deal with. But my focus is Anthony. I tap on his shoulder and he turns around and looks at me with a look of slight shock and then he puts a scowl back on his face. He immediately starts to walk away ignoring me completely. So rude.

"So I guess you aren't going to talk to me." I say as I follow behind him.

No response. Ok that answers that.

"Look Anthony I just want to apologize to you for being so rude when you were just trying to give me a warning about Dylan. I am sorry I didn't listen to you. I should have. Had you not come out there I don't know what might have happened and that scares me." I say honestly getting a little choked up.

I hadn't planned on getting that in depth with this apology but I just can't help myself. I feel like I could tell him anything. He turns around at my brutal honesty.

"Well you don't ever have to worry about Dylan again. I took care of it." He says seriously.

I realize he means that he punched Dylan and my eyes go wide.

"I didn't want you to punch him, but I am glad you scared him off. He really gave me bad vibes after all of that happened." I tell him.

"Well I am glad I could help." He says with a tight lipped smile. Now there is awkward silence.

"Well have a good day." I tell him as I go to turn around and head to class.

But he grabs my arm and it stops me.

"Listen, I am definitely not a Dylan, and probably not a Jordan, but I want you to give me a chance. Go on a date with me." He says.

What?? There goes the fluttering of my heart. Stop it. Just calm down. You already have a boyfriend and he has a girlfriend?! Wait. This is nuts.

"What about Cass...." I don't even get the question out before he interrupts,

"We broke up. The other night at the party actually. I found out she cheated on me and to be honest we just weren't very compatible." He tells me.

"Ok, but Jordan..." again he stops me but this time he grabs both of my arms pulling me closer to him. He looks deeply into my eyes and I feel like the air has been taken from my lungs and the world has stopped. It's just the two of us in this whole school. I have never felt this way before. It's very strange.

"I know you feel that too. I am drawn to you Kendall. I can't help it. You're beautiful and I have tried to stay away from you because I was with Cassie and I knew you were off limits since you were with Jordan,'but I just can't resist you anymore. Please go out with me. Just one date and if you have a terrible time then we will both go our separate ways and that will be it." He convinces me.

Why do these boys have this effect on me? But again before I can really think about my answer, I blurt out "Ok." I really need to get that under control.

He smirks back at me and tells me, "I'll pick you up at 7:30 on Friday."

I just smile back at him, still in shock and unable to speak. I go to turn away and head down the hallway to class when he says, "Oh and by the way....Rachel was always my favorite FRIEND's character." He smirks at me and I just blush profusely back at him before finally heading to class. What is he doing to me??!