Chapter 17

The whole morning of the next day Casey spent in thoughts about the weird conversation she had with Timothy the night before. There was something in his words that left her questioning.

"It looked pretty obvious you feel something for each other" she recaled him saying. What did he mean 'for each other', tough?

Yes, it was true Casey felt strong feelings towards the small redhead, but she had never really noticed Isabella acting more weird that before around her. What did her father notice that she didn't? Did everyone around them notice something too and Casey was the only one left completely oblivious of her feelings? Did Isabella notice too? The thought of that totally freaked Casey out.

She feared her feelings were not reciprocated and that Isabella may start acting differently with her if she really knew. But Casey quickly threw that idea away because just yesterday Isabella was playing along with her and had her head buried into her neck during the movie. No uncomfortability or awkwardness at all, not more than usual. Even more, it looked like to Casey that the redhead grew even more comfortable around her.

All the hugging, the playful teasing, holding hands for a long time, wanting to constantly be close to her, random kisses on her cheeks didn't really strike Casey as uncomfortability, but rather that Isabella was already feeling her as a really close to her friend. She didn't really want to let her mind wander anywhere beyond that thought because false hopes and a heartbreak were not a part of her plan.

A loud car honk suddenly sounded from an annoyed driver's car waiting behind Casey's, pulling her out of her thoughts. She looked through the windshield and noticed that the green of traffic light had already been lit up for the past ten seconds. "Okay, okay, I'm going. God!" She quickly pressed the gas pedal and drove off before she got herself beaten up by the angry drivers lined up behind her car.

The moment she walked inside the literature classroom five minutes later, her eyes unmistakenly fell on Isabella, who was smiling brightly as she talked to Holly next to her.

"Good morning, Ms. Watson and Ms. Smith" she said and made a move to sit down next to them.

"Where is my morning hug?" Isabella said as she turned to her with a pout on her lips and arms wide open.

"Really? You are such a baby, i swear to god" Casey rolled her eyes sarcastically and took her small body into her warm arms.

"I'm more of a babe, though" Isabella smirked.

"When are you two finally going to get married?" Holly commented on the side.

"Shut up!"

Mrs. Johnson made her way into the room and removed her thick coat before turning towards the class. "Good morning, everyone. Before we start with today's lesson, how is your project work going? Any complications, any questions? Is any of you already done?" she chucked.

Casey and Isabella were the first and only ones to lift their hands, knowing they were ninety-nine percent done with the presentation.

"Yes? You have a question? I'm listening" the teacher said.

"No, Mrs. Johnson, we are ready with the project" Isabella answered.

"You are? Are you sure everything is done? You have enough time until the deadline to go through everything once again and fix mistakes if there are any"

"We know, miss, but we have done that already also"

Why was she even surprised? Casey thought. She had Isabella as her partner so it was a given that the work would go fast and smoothly. "I have Isabella with me so it's understandable. She's the best" Casey commented, giving the smiling redhead a high five.