Chapter 21

Next morning came faster than expected. Between all the rushed planning, Casey busied herself with mostly being nervous for what was about to come later. She ran through her head all scenarios of what could possibly go wrong, which definitely didn't help her serious case of overthinking every single thing she did or say. That was something she just couldn't escape from, it lived with her, in her head, deep inside, and she dreaded it wholeheartedly.

After a nervous rant in Carly's ears for a whole hour, she finally hung up the call and started getting herself ready... two hours before she was supposed to pick Isabella up, just in case there was a chance she would run late. Casey wasn't exactly sure how was that supposed to affect the date greatly, but she still needed to make sure everything went smoothly.

She made it in front of Isabella's house ten minutes before the scheduled time and waited patiently. Well, not exactly, because her legs kept bouncing up and down without a stop, she kept on checking the time every few seconds, a thick layer of sweat formed on her skin from her rising anxiety. She couldn't believe all that happened because of a girl.

She took a deep breath and exhaled before checking the time again. Five-oh-two, she should come out very soon. Or was Casey supposed to go to her door and ring the bell? How are those things done? I'm a hopeless romantic, she thought. Casey quickly left the car and marched towards the Watsons' front door.

"Oh, hello, Casey!" Ava greated with a smile the moment she opened the door.

"Hello, Ava. Nice to see you again!" Casey said back politely.

She didn't know how much exactly she was allowed to talk to her parents about. She had no idea if Isabella had told them about the date. She wondered how they reacted to the news.

"Come inside, don't stay there on the cold" Ava said and pushed her into the warmth of the house. "Isabella will be down in a few, she's almost ready. Honestly, I've never seen her doll up like that for someone and be so nervous before, i don't know what you did to her" she laughed.

Casey felt her cheeks redden. "Really?" she asked shyly.

"Absolutely. She changed a lot since you came into her her life"

"I'm happy to know i have a good influence on her, as surprising as that sounds to me. I can definitely say she changed me a lot also, positively, of course"

"I'm happy to hear that, dear" Ava smiled at Casey. "There is something else I wanted to share with you. I talked to Timothy last night after Isabella delivered the good news about your date and, in case you two decide to take your relationship to the next level, you two have our full support"

Casey's face broke into a big smile. "Thank you so much, Ava. This means a lot us, really. Hopefully that would happen soon also"

"I'm sure it will. My daughter is absolutely crazy over you from what I have secretly noticed. She looks a lot happier now than before. The difference between you and 'the one who shall not be named' is very big and noticeable. To be honest with you, we never liked that boy. He always seemed sketchy and weird, and I knew his business wasn't clean. I'm glad he's gone. It was-" Ava was cut off by a sweet voice coming from behind.

"Mom, have you seen my-" Isabella made her way down the stairs, an elegant white dress flowing perfectly around her curves, showing just the right amount of her soft legs. Her ginger locks were now curled and shiny to absolute perfection. Her usual natural make-up covered her as usually beautiful face, the already familiar freckles still standing proudly in the open. A pair of white lady loafers covered her small feet as she stepped down the stairs until she stopped once she noticed Casey, who was now completely paralyzed by the beautiful view.