Chapter 7

TW: this chapter includes the assult scene

TW: this chapter includes the assult scene. I'll star it from where it starts to where it ends incase you guys want to skip it.

The next morning she wakes up in a much better mood, the sun is out and the ground looks dry enough where she believes it will be safe for her to wear her white sneakers without risking getting them muddy.

She smells french toast and quickly gets up. She decides to wear her brown maxi dress with beige flowers, paired with a grey cardigan and her white sneakers. Melody decides to let her long, red hair flow down her back.

Melody makes her way down the hall and finds her mom drinking coffee while reading the paper.

"Hey um, I was wondering if I could go to Port Angeles today? There's a book I need for one of my classes and I found a bookstore that sells it," she lies.

"I don't know, I'm not comfortable with you going by yourself," Charlotte says.

"I can get Bella or one of the other girls to go with me. Please mom I really need this book."

Charlotte thinks about it for a minute then sighs, "fine, but you take one of the girls or the deal is off."

"Thanks," Melody smiles, already trying to see which of the girls she can ask to go with her. Charlotte gives her money for the book and for some teabags she wants.

•••

"He's not here," Jessica is taking advantage of the sun that is peaking out of the clouds and is sunbathing on top of one of the tables. In fact, everyone is taking advantage of the sun. Melody isn't the only one sporting a dress this day and there are various people playing around the school yard.

"Whenever the weather's nice the Cullens disappear," she tells Melody who was looking around for Edward.

"They just cut school?" The girl asks, she was hoping she would be able to talk to Edward today.

"No, Dr. And Mrs. Cullen yank them out for like, hiking and camping and stuff. I tried that out on my parents. Not even close," Jessica laughs at herself.

"Guys, I'm going to prom with Eric," Melody turns to find Angela grinning at the two girls in the table, Bella is following close behind with a banana for Melody and an apple for her.

"Nice," Melody high-fives Angela.

"I took charge just like Bella said and just asked him," the girl gushes, hugging Melody excitedly. "Are you sure you guys have to go out of town?" She asks the other two girls.

"Yeah, it's a family thing," Bella says. Melody knows it's a load of bull, the brunette just doesn't want to go and hasn't even purchased the tickets to Jacksonville. Melody can't blame her though, she also doesn't want to go.

"Sorry, mom made reservations a while ago," the redhead says.

"Okay, we should go shopping in Port Angeles before all the good dresses get cleared out," Jessica says. Melody's interest is peaked, here's the chance she was waiting for.