Chapter 15

"Alice, ow, that's my hair you're pulling," Melody winces as the dark haired girl once again pulls on her hair hard enough to take out strands of it.

"Sorry," she doesn't sound one bit sorry. "It's the first time Edward has ever gone to prom since he turned and I want it to be special, and if it means your hair suffers then so be it."

Prom, Melody Fae Jones was going to prom. How Edward managed to convince her to go is still a mystery to her. She has a theory he asked her when she was loopy from all the pain meds they were giving her at the hospital, but he swears he didn't.

Melody convinced Charlotte to take Charlie to the restaurant she wanted to take Melody to, so now both Jones woman had dates for the night.

Alice ends up grabbing a section from each side of her head and braids them, and merges them into on braid at the back of her head. Alice takes out a small wooden box and opens it to reveal tiny blue and pink flowers. "I found them in that meadow Edward showed you," she says as Melody runs tentative fingers over them. The vampire starts to gently place the flowers onto the braided part of Melody's hairdo.

"Wow," Melody says as she takes in her appearance in the mirror. She runs her hand down her hair and touches the curls that lay at the ends of it.

"Now onto the dress," Alice skips towards the bed where she picks up the dress and moves towards Melody, a smile lighting up her face when the redhead stares at it in awe.

Melody stares at the dress Alice chose. It's a light blue, spaghetti strap dress with light blue and pink flowers on it. The cut comes down to Melody's mid-thigh, but has a tail that goes a little longer. The material of the dress stops mid-thigh, but tulle takes it's place to end on the same length as the tail.

"Beautiful isn't it," Alice is proud of herself. Melody is grateful for Alice, grateful for making Melody feel like she can somehow be part of Edward's world without feeling like a burden for being so human.

Melody runs her hand down the dress, her eyesbrows raise a little as she notices that the top of her breasts spill a little over the dress. She picks up her casted arm and looks at the signatures she already got.

Of course Megan, Edward, and Charlotte were the first ones to sign their names. The Cullens followed and then her friends and Charlie. She still needs to get Seth and Jacob to sign their names, but she hasn't had the time to go see them.

"All done," Alice says as she finishes zipping Melody up. The short girl appears in front of her with a pair of beautiful light pink heels. Melody groans at the sight, but doesn't complain as Alice bends down and fastens them on her feet. "Suck it up for one night," Alice scolds her.

Melody looks herself in the mirror, her green eyes take in every aspect of herself from head to toe.

Alice smiles at her and then dabs a small amount of perfume on the girl and adds a small amount of shiny lip gloss on her lips.