Chapter 13

Melody wakes up the next day and checks the time. She flops back down on her bed when she sees that it's two in the afternoon.

She hears a chuckle come from her right and snaps her head to the side to find Edward staring at her in amusement.

"You didn't leave?" She asks.

"No, but I do have to head home soon to change," he answers her, putting down her tattered copy of Pride and Prejudice that he was reading. "I want to meet your mom. Officially."

"You're so old school," Melody chuckles and gets up.

"I was born in the 1900's," he moves towards Melody and takes a hold of her hand. "She has the day free, and I want to take you out to play a game of baseball with my family. You can introduce me to her when I come pick you up," he offers.

"Fine, but I need to eat something first, and shower, so don't come for me in atleast two more hours," Melody relents. Edward chuckles and kisses her cheek in goodbye, telling her he'll return for her in two hours.

Once she's showered and feels like she's back to life, the girl makes her way to the kicthen where she finds her mom drinking a cup of coffee.

"Well, look who decided to wake up," Charlotte teases her daughter. "There's some french toast and eggs waiting for you," she points to the microwave where her mom put her plate to keep it warm. Melody kisses her cheek in gratitude and starts digging in.

"How's work?" Melody asks her mom after she's done eating.

"Same old, same old. You would think with this being such a small town there wouldn't be a lot of accidents, but you wouldn't believe how many people enter that E.R. everyday," Charlotte says.

"Are you doing anything tonight?"

"Yeah, Charlie wants to take me to see a movie," her mom blushes. "You?"

"I have a date with Edward Cullen," Melody avoids her mom's interested stare.

"Ooh, Edward," she wiggles her eyebrows.

Melody groans and stands up, taking her plate to the sink.

"He also wants to meet you, officially," she repeats the same words Edward used earlier.

"That is pretty official."

"Mom, please don't scare him away. He's really important to me," Melody turns around and begs her mom.

"Hey," Charlotte says in mock-hurt. "Since when have I scared anyone away."

"Just say hi and we'll leave," Melody leaves behind a sputtering Charlotte, who continues to ask her when she has ever scared anyone away.

Baseball, does Edward even know Melody. The girl doesn't know anything about baseball to save her life. She quickly dresses up in a white long-sleeve, turtleneck shirt and some black skinny jeans. She grabs a pair of black leather booties and a beige checkered coat. She makes sure to gather her hair up in a ponytail before she makes her way to the living room where he mother waits patiently for her to go get Edward.