Chapter 8 - Checkmate

I just stared at her and at the wig in disgust. "Ew. Why pink?"

Then I heard a loud slap as she facepalmed. "I just gave YOU an IDEA and the first time that came to your mind is about the wig's COLOR!? Are you being serious right now?!"

I flinched at the tone of her voice. "I know. I heard you so...yay!!! FELISHA HUGHES!! THE DAUGHTER OF SHREK AND FIONA WAS BORN!! But pink? Really?!" I shivered. When I looked up, I almost screamed in fright when I saw the look of fury on Kaila's face. You could totally imagine a fire in the background by how she looks. I gulp.

She stormed to me and grabbed my arms. She hauled me up. "W-wait! What are you gonna do to me?"

"Relax. I promise you this won't hurt you."

"You're scaring me!" I screamed in panic.

She slapped me in the face. "Idiot! Hold still while I put the wig on you!"

I screamed even more as the pink wig came closer to my head.

3 minutes later, and after a lot of struggling and hair fighting, she managed to put the evil barnacle on my head. I was now standing in front of a mirror as I studied my image.

The pink wig actually looked good on me. It was long and curled at the tips by kaila as fast as she could. Aside from the color of the wig, I hated that it has bangs because it keeps getting in my eyes, but it actually added to the more 'cute and simple' look to the outfit that I was wearing.

Plus, she made me wear blue contacts to hide my green eyes.

"Okay. You're now done." She gave me one last satisfying pat on the back before she ushered me outside. "And make sure to make some friends dear!!" She yelled at me and threw my backpack at me before shutting the door in my face.

Well, that was rude.

Taking one last breath, I headed towards where the others are now gathered and getting ready for the photoshoot. Once I arrived, almost all of the staff and camera crew were staring at me.

Scratch that, everybody was staring at me.

Damn it! I knew the pink wig was bad!

I saw my mother approaching me. "Honey, what on earth are you wearing?" She told me in a hushed tone.

"I'll explain later." I told her and gave her a pleading look. "Trust me on this one, mom. Right now, I am not Hailey, okay? I'm Felisha Hughes. Your model. The one who has been modeling your line all these years."

I can see the question in her eyes but it was gone quickly when I saw the group, whom I was dreading the most, came to approaches us. Sophie has a wide smile spreading onto her face and her red fiery hair straight and swaying behind her back. She was wearing a pretty pastel white-nude dress, a crochet cardigan, and brown booties.

Nico/Claude was wearing a simple black shirt with a side pocket that has an Aztec design on it and black pants.

Kevin/Marin was wearing a white 3/4 sleeve shirt with a black handkerchief tied to his neck and matching it up with maroon-colored pants.

Finally, we have Gabrielle/Felix. He wearing multiple pastel-colored Aztec-designed shirt with a jean jacket that has a hoodie over it and some casual jeans.

I have to say that they looked really good. And I have to give credit to my aunt for having designed these wonderful clothes. She's so awesome...

...AND SHE'S MY AUNT!

"Hey there. You must be the girl from before? I kind of recognize you from your clothes. Your Felisha, right?" Asked Sophie. A friendly smile plastered on her face that I matched with my own as I shook hands with her.