Chapter 35 Trouble in the lab

"Alright, before I was interrupted. I will be announcing your group members! Group 1: Courtney, William, Mirna."

"I didn't know that you're popular in this school." Romeo leaned in and whispered to me.

"Hey. Don't talk to me." I warned him.

"You know, compared to all the girls here, I would rate you a 9 out of 10." He grinned.

I feel like I wanna punch him. One of the reasons is that I am pissed off that he was rating girls. The other reason is that he did not give me a perfect 10! Doesn't he know that I am Marinette Dupain Cheng.

"It's 9 out of 10 because I am the only 1 you need in the picture." As soon as the words left his mouth, I did not realize that I had already raised my fist in the air. If Marin had not touched my fist then I surely would have hit him.

I looked at Marin to see him shaking his head. I gritted my teeth as I placed my fist down.

"Marin, Allegra, and Claude for group 7."

" Marinette, Felix , and Romeo for group 8. The last group."

Upon hearing our names, Felix and I met gazes and grimaced. We both raised our hands at the same time.

"I'm the leader!" I declared.

"Sir! You can't. Miss Dupain Cheng and I cannot be in a group."

"Miss Dupain Cheng, you can be the leader if the two agree. And Mr. Graham de vanille, I believe there is no reason that both of you can't be in one group. Besides, I need someone who can help Romeo adjust in class. I believe the vice president is perfect for that job." Felix gritted his teeth and said nothing more. "Now, all of you, go to your respective groups and make sure to get along. For your final project, I want you to do a research project that relates to physics. I want you to write down ideas on a piece of paper. Write as many as you can. The deadline will be next week. I will read through it one by one and I will inform you when one of your research titles passes my criteria."

Since Marin, Allegra, and Claude were already sitting together, they stayed where they were. The three gave Felix an apologetic smile before the vice president got up and face Romeo and I.

"So you're the vice president. Thank you for helping me with my schedule. I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Romeo." Idiot group number one said as he extended his hand towards idiot number two.

"Nice to meet you. I'm the Vice President of the student council. My name is Felix Graham De Vanille." The snobby vice president grinned at Romeo.

There he goes again, being nice to people except me. It is kind of irritating.

Then the two of them gave me an expectant look. "What?' I asked in a cool hard tone. "You both know me already. Don't expect an introduction."

"You're the leader." Felix pointed out. "Maybe you want to interact with us?"

"Really? You both agree that I am the leader?"

"Didn't you want to be the leader?"

"I only want to be the leader so I don't get to do anything," I admitted.

"Then no, you can't be a leader."

I frowned and looked at Romeo. "I suppose you want to be a leader then? I mean, we can't let that guy be the leader." I said and pointed at Felix.

Romeo raised his hands in defeat. "I just transferred here. I don't qualify to be a leader."

I looked at Felix then. "Alright, you're a leader. But you're the type of leader who does all the work."