Truth or Drink

Rosa comes over to my house every monday night and occasionally on thursdays. Tonight like every other we talk about the musical, what assignments we have in english class, and boys.

And wouldn't you know? She likes yet another boy. "You probably wouldn't know him he's a college prep student. He has a scholarship to Stanford. Plus I heard he's going to graduate at the end of his junior year! Can you believe it?"

"Girl. I know smart people! I used to be an honors student remember? Try me."

Rosa shoves me by the shoulder and rolls her eyes. "Fine... his name is Victor."

My eyes immediately widen and I scrunch my nose. "No... wait a minute you mean victor as in sophmore tutor with shaggy brown hair and an overly inflated ego?"

Giggles erupt from the room. "Yes, that would be him. He's cute isn't he? Don't tell me it's another one of those situations where I fall for a boy just because he's smart."

"I suppose you can say he's attractive. At least on the outside." Rosa's face goes flat.

"You just don't like him because you're jealous."

"Maybe so."

We spend the rest of the night sneaking out to a house party. The kind where there are no parents but plenty of underage drinking. And if you're lucky, discounts on weed from mad max, but only if he knows you.

I never let myself get drunk enough that I can't sneak back inside, but tonight? Tonight I go all the way.

And would you look who shows up?

"Oh, hey Jeremiah. Didn't realize you would be here."

I throw back another shot before answering. "D-didn't know... wait what was I saying? Oh yeah. Didn't know nerds went to parties."

"No you're right. This is definitely the last place I want to be right now, but unfortunately this is my house. Well technically this is my brothers house. I'm just trying to drown out this shitty music."

I grin and belch loud enough for the world to hear. "Ah so you're one of those boys. The ones who are afraid of a good time."

Victor does this really gay thing where he puts his hands on his hips and gasps. "Me boring? I'm not boring."

"You get excited by 'The Great Gatsby'. That's the definition of boring."

Rosa pops up from behind me and flips her hair. Flirting. Of course she would.  "Hey Victor," the heart eyes are almost nauseating, "wanna come play truth or drink? You too J."

We both respond hesitantly. "Sure..."

She pops a bottle of crown royal out from behind her back. "ROSA! Did you have that with you the entire time?"

An evil smirk emerged onto her face. "Maybe... Jeremiah, truth or drink: did you really dick down Evan sky freshman year?"

I feel my face go fifty shades of red. I'm not entirely sure how Victor feels about the gays but I'm sure I'm about to find out. "Twice actually, once in his car and one in the woods behind his house." If I weren't drunk right now I would have never admitted that rumor to be true.

Victor chuckles. "Oof. But why him? He literally got expelled first semester for trying to sell acid to the special ed kids."

"Not my finest moment. Look's like it's your turn. I'll ask. Why do you do that thing where you put your hands on your hips like your constantly insulted?"

He does the thing again and stops the moment he realizes he's doing it. "If you havent noticed, you've insulted me every time I've seen you."

Oh yeah I have.

I get bored and drink throughout the game just for the hell of it. If Victor weren't a conceded prick he might actually be chill. To bad he's still a prick.