LOG 004

TERMINAL: ON-ON-ONLINE

USER: Intern Researcher Teimea of the B.H—

DRONE: MAI-MAITENENCE—SCHEDU-OFFLINE. MESSAGES FAILED TO SEND

MESSAGES:

It was the second term when I brought up living in the co-ed dorm with you. I was hesitant at first, because though we had known each other for quite a time — long enough for me to at least know your habits, it was still strange, if that makes sense.

Stranger still, it was like I had known you since time began.

I couldn't explain it.

Can't I just have you in my life?

All I know is that I don't want you to be alone, and I still don't — but this loop, this constant, at what point does it stop? Does it stop when I accept I've lost a vital part of me? Is that what's happening to us? Am I going to find the one person in the world that seems to connect with me better than I ever thought was possible, only to have it taken away?

So, the second term rolls around, and it was me who approached you in the end about it.

You're a genius, but now I'm starting to see a lack of self-preservation to go with your severe lack of impulse control. I hadn't thought it to be that bad, but it's like you say; 'there's always something to learn.'

I just wanted to know you more, why I felt like I've met you before.

And maybe figure out what's going on inside that head of yours.

(MESSAGES FAILED TO SEND)

You don't want to know what it's like inside my head.

No one ever has, haha.

...

I was always picked last for it.

LOG:

I didn't know personal logs could glitch.

We had a power surge in the shift which came from — wait for it — the Class Z Anomalous Laboratory. Obviously, I was on call. I raced to it, but everything went back to normal the moment I approached. I won't lie, it's hard to discern the issue if when I come close it seems to act like it wasn't up to no good.

Oh well, can't expect life-based anomalies to behave in a predictable manner.

We'll see how that goes.

Fluctuations are normal, otherwise, but I don't want to stress out this anomaly.

I suppose the strangest thing about the shift so far is the fact Nova was up before me — but then again, I never was a morning person. It takes half an effort for me to go to sleep and stay that way. I'm always thinking. Always doing everything but sleeping.

Back to the point at hand though, she didn't seem quite there when I greeted her.

I asked her if she needed some extra sleep because I know sometimes I can't fully gauge how loud I am at any point in time, but I like to think I'm quiet when I'm working. I asked if that was the case; if once again I've disturbed people with my existence — wouldn't be the first time.

She ignored me.

No, wait, not ignoring me, that's not fair. I'd more equate it to her being somewhere else mentally.

I've never seen her act this way before, but she snapped out of it when I continued by prodding. I pressed her for further information, and she told me she hadn't gotten enough sleep and went back to bed.

It's weird. I faintly recall something. I swear she's used that excuse before.

...

Duty called though, so not much I could do if she didn't want to discuss it at the time. We need to figure out a concrete cause for the power surge. If it wasn't an anomaly releasing a fluctuation, then there's something going on.

I entered the room, and it stopped.

... an observation that I already made.

...

I guess there's nothing wrong with reiterating though... for note taking sake.

I took copies of the previous arrhythmic data and we've got the briefing in another hour. I can ask Nova how she's feeling before continuing by observations.

... I have a bit of a headache myself. Is something going around? That'd be unfortunate.

I mean, I doubt they'd stop the mission on the account of a minor nuisance like that. The IAR and Galactic Community needs this data and the D.S Butterfly's spaceflight recorder — and whatever research it left behind. Anything to give us a hint on what we picked up, if nothing else.

I haven't even gotten the chance to examine Thuni's droid. If he'd let me near it. Nova's droid apparently also needs a maintenance check, though I don't know why it's going to my terminal.

I have many questions... but they can wait.